Systems and Network Administrator:
Our client, a faith based ministry, is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join their IT team. In this role the candidate will be responsible for providing technical support for the computing environments and providing on-site and on-call support for production systems, installing and maintaining end user technology hardware and software; maintaining problem tracking databases; and developing operating instructions and support documentation. This position is also responsible for the administration and management of Microsoft Servers, Cisco Systems, and networking solutions; configuring and managing modems, routers, bridges, hubs, and terminal servers; managing network capacity planning; and overseeing the overall network security.
- Responsible for the full life cycle of IT server and network infrastructure. Includes extensive work with Microsoft, Linux, VMware, NetApp, Juniper, Brocade, scripting, and automation
- Demonstrates behavior aligned with our clients ministry and Statement of Faith
- Participates in daily staff devotions
- Provide servers and systems that are highly available and optimized for performance
- Support, administer, optimize, and secure server and network technologies
- Script and automate routine processes and configurations using industry standard DevOp's tools.
- Ensure that operational aspects are covered in relation to system backup and recovery processes and procedures
- Implement and maintain network-naming and other standard conventions
- Maintain 99.9% systems availability
- Fully document and create policies and procedures for efficient administration of systems
- Install network and server related software and hardware solutions
- Monitor systems performance and take measures to maintain and improve the systems
- Capacity planning for the network and network services to maintain adequate performance and service to the Association
- Manage workload in tracking system for projects and other work completed
- Assist with remote locations in setting up and maintaining their servers
- Assist with the operations and support for network services during Association events
- Assist IT Operations Manager and operations team with troubleshooting network problems
- Provide cost analysis of implementing new systems
- Create and maintain relationships with technology software and hardware vendors
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to IT Operations Manager
- Maintains close working relationships with Network and Systems administrators.
- Maintains close working relationships with all IT support teams including Help Desk and Application Support.
- Interfaces with departments and areas that Information Technology support
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification is recommended.
- Network + Certification preferred
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Must have a minimum of four years supporting Microsoft and other software technologies in a corporate (500+ user) environment
- Minimum of four years supporting network switching and routing technologies in a corporate (500+ user) environment
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Skype for Business, IIS, Windows Server, SQL and other related technologies
- Experience with IBM, Lenovo Server hardware preferred
- Experience with NetApp (or comparable) and SAN systems
- Experience with Juniper and Brocade systems preferred
- Experience with tape backup methodology and technology for configuring, maintaining, and administering tape-out processes for disaster recovery and routine backup procedures.
- Excellent grasp of networking protocols and ability to troubleshoot problems and implement solutions as well as ability to architect network infrastructure from the ground up.
- Strong experience with industry standard scripting and automation tools (i.e. Power Shell,
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and social skills to effectively communicate with other staff and departments
- Must be able to handle more than one task/request at a time
- Experience with task and project management systems
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the eighth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 26 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.