With the goal of providing superior service and first contact resolution, delivers front line technical support to customers via multiple communication channels in a customer contact center environment. Uses detailed instructions, established procedures and prescribed guidelines to resolve technical issues and complete tasks for end users. This position is 100% on the phones.
(**There is potential for this position to convert to full-time depending on the worker's attendance and performance.**)
- Provides solutions to a wide variety of technology related problems, issues, and questions or escalates to appropriate support area.
- Enters complete and accurate information into contact tracking database and follows up with customer as needed to provide total ticket ownership.
- Utilizes knowledge management tools to help resolve client issues.
- Assists clients in completing online forms to attain various systems, services, hardware, software, and/or entitlements.
- Assists customers in performing basic software installations.
- Conducts basic diagnoses of software/hardware to troubleshoot connectivity problems.
- Escalates trends and outages as needed to leadership and for Service News postings.
- Manages time in customer contact center setting and documents time via activity codes.
- Utilizes required activity codes to provide awareness of non-phone related activities.
Must Have- Hard Skills
- At least 3 (ideally 5) of recent, call center experience
- Must have recent service desk / helpdesk experience
- Basic technical knowledge of the following: Installing, troubleshooting and maintaining computer hardware and software
- Basic technical knowledge of the following: operating systems (OS), mobile devices, networking, business applications and security products
- Must Haves - Soft Skills:
- Exceptional customer service skills; ability to strive for first call resolution
- Clear and professional written and oral communication skills. Ability to take a call, troubleshoot, and create a helpdesk ticket. Must provide clear and detailed notes on each ticket.
- Ability to communicate and adapt to various personality types; ability to not take a customer's frustration personally
- Team player; ability to collaborate with others; not afraid to ask questions, communicate any issues, or contribute ideas / strategize with team members and TSC management
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to exude professionalism at all times (on the phone and in-person). They may speak with anyone from a Branch associate to a C-level executive
- Exceptional attendance and reliability; the attendance policy of the TSC (for both contractors at full-time associates) is they cannot exceed more than 3 unexcused absences and/or tardies within a 30 day period
- Available to work non-standard shifts including nights, weekends and some holidays
Education: Highschool Diploma or Equivalent, Associate/Bachelors degree preferred