Our client has won multiple awards in their industry and has been in business over a decade. Their services support the Federal Government and Biomedical Research, as well as the Health IT Sector. This position works directly with the Federal Client on site in Rockville, MD.
We are seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail oriented Tableau Developer / Analyst to join our dynamic team. We support a federal customer that 'seeks to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic disease seeks fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to enhance health, lengthen life, and reduce illness and disability.' What you do matters and has significant impact on the medical and scientific communities we serve. Your work here matters and has tangible impact.
- Perform statistical analysis of large data sets to better understand trends, relationships between variables, and to formulate predictive insights.
- Reasons independently - complex data architectures.
- Employ new research tools to derive unique findings for publications.
- Design and build publication-ready data visualizations using diverse sets of structured and unstructured data.
- Ensure research reports are created using credible qualitative and quantitative methodologies based on key insights and findings from studies.
- Identify internal and external information sources.
- Build effective working relationships with client subject matter experts.
- Integrate client-provided elements, research findings, and publicly available information into analytical projects.
Bachelor's Degree (Management Information Systems, Design, Human Factors, Computer Science or related discipline, preferred)
- 2+ years of data visualization experience.
- At least 1 year of experience with SPSS, STATA, R, or SAS is a plus.
- At least 3 years' experience working with Tableau visualization software a MUST, experience with other visualization software's/tools like, QlikView, or D3 preferred.
- At least 1 year of Experience with analytics, database, or business intelligence preferred.
- At least 1 year of Strong SQL querying experience.
- At least 1 year of experience with prototyping/mock-ups/storyboards.
- At least 2 years of Object Oriented Programming with languages such as Python, C, C++ or Java is a plus.
- An understanding of UI/UX design concepts.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical aptitude and an understanding of statistical methods.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
- US Citizens or Permanent Residents ONLY