LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
The Talent Manager, Organization Development, Culture & Change will lead enterprise-wide strategic HR projects that evolve and enhance the employee experience, engage and retain our key talent in support of LyondellBasell's strategic goals and objectives.Roles & Responsibilities
It is an exciting time to be a part of the LyondellBasell community and the Human Resources Team! We are in a period of growth and change in all corners of the company. Within Human Resources, we are undergoing an impressive transformation. Within HR, the Talent Development team, which includes Learning & Development, is playing a significant role in the changes underway. We are a small, purpose-driven and enthusiastic team. We work hard, we take pride in what we do, we seek new and innovative ways to collaborate with our customers and partners and we have fun.
You are passionate about learning and development. You are driven by the notion that you can positively impact those around you by creating and delivering tools and resources for employees to better themselves. You thrive in a fast paced environment, where juggling competing priorities and requests from stakeholders is an opportunity to shine. You are solutions oriented and undeterred by challenges and roadblocks. You have a positive attitude and high energy and you build meaningful relationships at all levels within the organization and with external partners. You know your own limits and development areas and, as a lifelong learner, seek to continually improve yourself.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Talent Manager, Organization Development, Culture & Change will be responsible for the following:
- Performance Management: Act as the Process Owner for the company's performance management process. Document and communicate the annual process to leaders, employees and HR. Track and report effectiveness of the process, recommend and implement improvements as needed. Develop, track, review, and analyze performance management metrics (e.g., compliance, ratings, trends, etc.) and communicate findings. Provide guidance on the use of the performance management program, fostering a culture of continuous feedback and performance improvement. Consults with business to provide learning and resources for performance improvement and development.
- Employee Engagement: Create and maintain employee engagement strategies that elevates employee experience; informs and motivates employees, and measures employee engagement through surveys and other means; identify actionable insights that inform the employee roadmap and improve the overall employee experience aligned with the company values, culture and employee value proposition. Lead the design and delivery of the annual engagement and pulse surveys from assessment to implementation of key findings and recommendations.
- Competencies - effectively embed employee competencies into the performance management process as well as other key people processes and practices as appropriate. Monitor the effectiveness of the competencies to drive expected behaviors, recommend and implement revisions as needed.
- Diversity & Inclusion Design and develop a diversity and inclusion strategy and roadmap in partnership with leaders and HR. Design and develop D&I strategies and initiatives that embed diversity thinking, metrics, and practices in talent management processes (recruitment, learning and development, performance management, leadership development, employee engagement, and retention). Build buy-in and support from stakeholders. Lead the implementation of D&I priorities and report progress. In collaboration with Corporate Communications, create communications and key messaging materials which spotlight D&I program successes for internal and external audiences.
- Support implementation of Talent, Learning and HR strategic priorities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Organization Psychology, Organization Development (OD), Organizational Effectiveness (OE), Human Resources, Industrial Psychology or relevant field (or equivalent experience).
- 10+ years of OD experience driving practical and impactful organizational change.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement diversity programs, preferably in a global environment, with sensitivity to the cultural differences of different geographies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions in a geographically diverse organization.
- Demonstrated success in building and implementing comprehensive global D&I strategies in large, complex organizations with proven results.
- Strong program and project management skills, and ability to operationalize and scale programs.
- Ability to motivate, influence and optimize senior leadership, stakeholders and peer groups.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced deadline-intensive environment; anticipate obstacles and plan contingencies.
- Confident, savvy, well prepared individual with the ability to adapt quickly and advance the goals for the organization across all levels.
- Collaborative facilitator, excellent relationship builder, demonstrates compassion and loyalty for his/her colleagues across all business functions and levels.
- Ability to think strategically while delivering practical solutions.
- Experience utilizing assessment tool for needs assessment, manager and employee development, selection, team effectiveness, employee engagement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Master's Degree strongly preferred.
- Experience in Petrochemicals and/or Oil & Gas industries
- Advanced understanding of diversity and inclusion theory and application, including a deep knowledge of industry standards, best practices, and trends, combined with a proven ability to develop and direct global diversity and inclusion strategies
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston