Security Clearance required: Top Secret
US Citizenship Required
Location: Seaside, CA
Project Summary: This position will be responsible for supporting the operation and maintenance of a cybersecurity operations center (CSOC). Including but not limited to: maintaining the security posture of information systems from its conception to retirement through the integration of Information Systems Security and sound information assurance practices, facilitate use of Cybersecurity technical information in the design, development, testing, evaluation, operations, and maintenance of information technology for the customer's systems, implement Real-time Threat Detection and Mitigation Toolsets, provide proactive cybersecurity threat hunting and penetration testing teams searching the network for gaps and or/signs of attackers before a compromise turns into a full breach, and to resolve incidents and problems and ensure the delivery of high-quality services delivered as rapidly and effectively as possible.
- Participate as system security and cyber subject matter expert in support of engineering design teams and functional interoperability assessments.
- Support the cybersecurity architecture by providing active and engaged solutions to IT teams relative to security design and review processes. Ensure the effective operations of existing and future Cybersecurity IT.
- Implement JFHQ required, and/or newly acquired Tanium Modules to extend capabilities.
- Configure and manage the Client module to identify and manage endpoints seen on the network.
- Address unmanaged endpoints weekly to become managed endpoints.
- Configure and manage the Connect module. Configure connections to allow information sharing between Tanium and external sources and destinations as necessary.
- Configure and manage the Comply module. Configure and maintain Compliance and Vulnerability scan reports for all endpoints. Troubleshoot unsuccessful scans with IT teams and create the required tickets, and change orders. Manage and update Compliance and Vulnerability Benchmarks.
- Configure and manage the Asset module. Coordinate with IT teams and IT components to ensure required attributes and retention times are set, and device inventory is being managed appropriately. Configure and manage asset reports as required.
- Configure and manage the Deploy module. Ensure Deploy tools are deployed to applicable managed endpoints. Create and maintain applicable maintenance windows for all managed endpoints. Assist IT teams with troubleshooting and configuration of software deployments.
- Configure and manage the Patch module. Ensure Patch tools are deployed to applicable managed endpoints. Create and maintain applicable Maintenance Windows, Patch Lists, Deployment Templates, and Scan Configurations for managed endpoints. Assist IT teams with troubleshooting and configuration of patch deployments.
- Configure and manage the Trends module. Create and maintain Trends Boards and sources. Assist IT teams with Configuration and troubleshooting of Trends Boards and Sources.
- Configure and manage the Tanium Threat Response module following best practices from Tanium and applicable DoD Orders & Directives. Configure appropriate computer groups, profiles, and configurations for all managed endpoints.
- Configure and manage Client for Indicators of Compromise (IOCs). Follow guidance for creating IOCs as required by external authorities as well as internally developed IOCs. Implement and manage Tanium Signals content.
- Review, investigate, and respond to alerts. Create and document appropriate suppression rules as necessary.
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- 5+ years of experience with administration and operations of Tanium Platform, including Interact, Impact, Asset, Client, Deploy, Comply, Patch, Threat Response, and Trend modules.
- Must have an active DOD 8570 IAT III Certification (CASP+CE, CISSP, CISA, CCNP Security, GCED, GCIH)
- Must have Computing Environment (CE) certification(s) relating to the environment or specific tools pertinent this position (Tanium Certified Operator (TCO), Tanium Certified Administrator (TCA))
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.