Security Clearance required: Secret with the ability to obtain a Top Secret
US Citizenship Required
Location: Washington, DC
Position Summary: The Voice Team Lead is principally responsible for management of both short term and long-term strategic projects that are highly intricate in nature and providing day to day operational support for in house & client system voice infrastructure. Accountable for performing requirement gathering, analysis, planning, design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and management of the Avaya communication infrastructure. Plan and implement Avaya communication solutions to meet the business requirements supporting next generation unified communication infrastructure. Approve project costs, confirm the correct equipment has been ordered, confirm project hours.
- Responsible for management of a team of Voice Engineers to ensure the day-to-day operation, reliability, and integrity of the enterprise voice communications network. This includes the installation, maintenance, and management of all voice equipment such as voice servers, gateways, PBX switches, phones, circuits, wiring, servers, backup systems, voice network management and diagnostic tools, etc.
- Answerable for planning and implementing enterprise unified communications-based projects.
- Client focus and willing to work Avaya solution as well.
- Accountable for mentoring and training of lower level voice network engineers and technicians.
- troubleshoot communication issues, create functional and technical design documentation and establish standards to correspond to engineering specifications and industry best practices.
- Partners with vendors, clients, carriers and technical staff on VoIP implementation, optimization, security and ongoing management. This includes but is not limited to troubleshooting infrastructure and services counting.
- Safeguarding overall technical capabilities, stability and performance.
- Offer direction, recommendations, design and implementation for VoIP enhancements.
- Produce and maintain all necessary technical documentation. Guarantee all work activity is accurately documented in our tracking systems.
- Observe the design, programming and application standards as setup by the company. Including compliance with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Safeguard performance, capacity, availability, and quality of the voice environment monitoring for emerging incidents and initiate preventative action.
- Knowledge of the newer solutions – like Avaya large scale cloud implementation experience, end to end SIP solutions, and minimum CM7.1, CM8.1 preferred including AADS and AMS. Nice to haves include conferencing, video conferencing, IX Workplace, Calabrio, CMS/Contact Center, etc.
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent education and or experience/Certifications
- Proven experience with Avaya Phone systems – CM5 through CM8, SIP trunking, Contact Centers, etc.
- Proven management experience managing a team of engineers
- Must also be qualified at all levels of LAN, WAN, Voice, and Security technologies.
- 8 or more years' experience directly working with customer and client technical teams
- CCNA Voice, CCNP Voice certification is highly preferred.
- 8 or more years of implementing Voice solutions
- 8 or more years designing global call routing with on AVAYA Red,Cisco VG, CME, CUE, and CCM.
- Voice Recording Integration with a third-party solution.
- Low-Level Design details for the Unified Communications Solution
- Dial Plan
- LAN and WAN network design and configuration
- Implementation, migration planning, and solution testing
- QOS policies across the Enterprise for Data, Voice and Video solutions
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Experience with Disaster Recovery plans and related technologies
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- Experience writing voice and network security policies, standards, and procedures as well as utilizing network analysis tools to determine root cause of voice problems.
- Available after hours and weekends as needed and willing to work on-call rotation
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email email@example.com.