The Nature’s Bounty Co. is now The Bountiful Company!
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Packaging Team Technician will perform a broader range of responsibilities than a Team Member. The individual will perform a variety of tasks within the manufacturing facility as needed, with a primary focus in the Packaging department. This will include completing all tasks within the packing area including interfacing with the Human Machine Interface (HMI). In addition to performing the Team Member responsibilities, the Packaging Team Technician is responsible for the following.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set-up, clean, operate and adjust all packaging equipment (forklift, conveyors, tape sealers, Little David, laser, tray washer, floor scrubber, shrink wrapper, matrix, flexicon, case packer, palletizer, video jet, steam table, oil & sander drum etc.) in a mass/high volume production environment.
- Ability to read and follow operating and/or written procedures to conduct assigned tasks safely and within standard time.
- Perform all functions according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) meeting required production standards.
- Fully trained and qualified in all operating instructions, SOP’s, JHA, and area specific technical instructions for assigned role.
- Conducts scale verifications.
- Properly document and maintain log books/batch records.
- Conduct piece weight testing.
- Add new bulks to markem/videojet.
- Conducts sensory evaluations
- Manages and follows process controls in the packaging area
- Completes and ensures proper metal detector checks as a Critical Control Point (CCP)
- Engage in daily shift meetings using 2 way communications to review shift actual results to goals. Take individual accountability in assisting the team in identifying and closing actions to resolve problems.
- Coordinate activities within a team environment and be flexible in adapting to changing work environment. Follow escalation process, standard work, and assist team in “Why Why” Problem Solving Analysis.
- Flows to the Work (FTW): supports gummy inspection (and other areas) in production as needed
- Must meet the site core skill requirements
- Other duties as assigned.