SkillStorm is seeking a Tech Business Analyst for one of our clients in Charlotte, NC.
Specific key points:
- Experienced Agile BA – 5+ years as a functional BA, at least 1 year of experience working in a fast paced agile team. Must possess full understanding of BDD (Behavioral Driven Design) and how to write stories using BDD methods. If the person has experience as a technical BA, that’s a bonus, but not essential.
- O365 experience. It would be ideal if the person has experience on the data side, not just the user side, but the critical need here is someone with familiarity with the O365 tool.
- Proven track record of working with internal and external development & QA teams, including international resources.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication ability
- Analytical abilities beyond O365. The first project is related to O365, but there will be additional work required during the course of the contract. This should include some data analysis skills.
- Solid understanding of networking technologies, including firewalls, servers, and data transmissions.
- Resource will be responsible for analyzing business requirements & processes, primarily in the eDiscovery space. The primary focus for this resource will be work related to the Office 365 platform. By adding this resource, we will ensure that existing resources are not significantly over capacity.
- If we are unable to fill this position, the eDiscovery group within legal technologies will be unable to meet legal technology objectives & deliverables for 2019 surrounding the enterprise migration to O365.
- For several weeks, there will be overlap with an existing resource. Adequate funding exists to cover this overlap in the 2019 legal tech budget.
- Comprehend, document, and analyze business processes. This will include review for potential improvement & automation.
- Ask insightful and probing questions regarding the department and how processes fit with legal & regulatory requirements.
- Building long-term, productive relationships with business partners.
- Gathering requirements from the line of business for translation into a technical solution, including gap analysis as needed.
- Interfacing with developers and QA to understand the proposed solution, ensure that it meets the business needs, and working to implement that solution.
- Testing of newly developed code prior to production releases or during technical recovery exercises.
- Support ongoing maintenance work with the core eDiscovery product.
- Aid other team members as needed with their initiatives/BAU and/or vendor relationships, though this position is largely focused on in-house developed solutions.
- Strong understanding of the Office suite, including the O365 product.
- Understanding of relational DB's and data structures
- Technical understanding of servers, networks, firewalls and other hardware functionality & interactions.
- Understanding of ETL jobs, including core functionality and appropriate use
- Extremely strong verbal & written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Data & process analysis skills