- Experience with or knowledge of S1000D Illustration general rules and multimedia, 3D and 2D interactive content is desired
- Prepare, construct, and revise of Orthographic illustrations, Axonometric projections, Wiring and Schematic diagrams for technical aircraft manuals and other related graphical publications utilizing electronic methodology. Must create and manipulate graphics and using MicroStation and CADAM technical illustrating system.
- Must be functionally literate with 3 dimensional graphics, surfaces, wiring frames, and solids.
- Prepare, construct and revise MicroStation data (3-D, and 2-D data).
- Prepare, construct, and revise orthographic illustrations, axonometric projections, and Wiring/Schematic diagrams on MicroStation.
- Determine optimum graphic approach; independently prepare master artwork, charts, visual, booklets, and signs, working with all aspects of graphic arts production by utilizing electronic illustrating equipment.
- Work with engineers, technical writers, customers, vendors, and suppliers to effectively visualize and conceptualize graphic design problems to include technical as well as non-technical graphics, color separations, overlays, and comprehensive type requirements.
- Ensure illustrations conform to corporate, ATA 100, FAA, and commercial aircraft technical manual specifications and style requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of artwork techniques, materials, and equipment.
- Experience working with equipment related to and associated with electronic illustrating tools, including: High-resolution scanners, PCs and related illustration software, printers, general knowledge of electronic publishing systems, related printers and data requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret wiring schematics, blueprints and engineering orders.
- Background familiarity with CADAM, Catia, and CCD.
- Mainframe user level operations, networks, and scanners.
- SmarTeam experience a plus. 3. Knowledge of import/export of data files such as: (.dxf, tiff, .cgm, and iges) and electronic publishing are desirable qualities.
- Knowledge of 3-D modeling and animation.
- Working knowledge of Right Hemisphere software.
- Video, motion or animation graphics experience a plus.