Role/Title - Tech Spec I- Mechanical Engineer Design
Location – Long Beach, CA 90808
Duration – 6 Months
- Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of client products and services
- Successful candidate will work in a small team environment as part of one of our Mechanical Engineering design teams.
- Tasks will include creating engineering drawings of custom aircraft interior/mechanical components and systems.
- Business/Executive jet interior experience required.
- Attention to visual appearance/ aesthetics of completed designs is very important.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with operations technicians on the shop floor is required.
- Experience with sheet metal, metallic, and composite honeycomb, wood, veneer and cabinetry/ furniture design is a plus.
- Catia V5/SmarTeam experience required.
- Catia V4 experience a plus. AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Must have good basic 2D drafting skills- view layout, projection, section views, dimensioning, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
Performs other duties as assigned