Job Title: Tech Spec I (Mechanical-Interior Design Engineer)
Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: 06-12 Months
- Mechanical-Interior Design Engineer: Position involves work on aircraft interior design integration, mechanical systems, Interiors and associated components.
- Experience with complete interior cabin design, cabinetry modification and secondary structural modifications are essential.
- Candidate should have extensive experience with cabin interiors such as, galleys, closets, headliners, tables, window shades, etc.
- As well as LRU installation and some secondary structure modifications.
- Creation of monuments in Catia V5, must be familiar with FAA design standards.
- Must work with little supervision and be a willing team member that will perform work accurately combining sound experience with a common-sense approach.
- The qualified individual will adhere to aggressive schedules and budget requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Selecting appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guidelines for diverse engineering activities
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedules.
- Work without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
- Proficient in CATIA V5-SmarTeam/Enovia and Office Products such as Word and Excel
- AutoCAD Knowledge is a must.
- Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of products and services
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline