The Bountiful Company, a Nestlé Health Science Company, is a pure play branded leader in global nutrition, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbal and other specialty supplements, and active nutrition products, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The Bountiful Company’s portfolio of trusted brands includes Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
Under the direction of the Tech Services Manager, the Tech Services Technician will help improve current products by collecting and summarizing data, assist in addressing manufacturing issues, evaluate new technologies and/or ingredients. Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) is required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists the Scientist/Sr. Scientist during formulation of nutritional supplement products in various forms in support of manufacturing.
- Collects data in terms of raw material and final blend physical characteristics, including but not limited to density, flow, moisture and particle size.
- Collates data generated during team HPO shift walkthrough (power-walk) in order to assist in process performance improvement in the production area.
- Keeps records of laboratory work and observations.
- Uses a variety of software tools and programs to input and retrieve data as needed.
- Assists the Scientist/Sr. Scientist during the creation of new raw material specifications, master batch records, change controls, deviations or other required documentation in support of manufacturing existing in-line products.
- Assists the Scientist/Sr. Scientist with scale up, validating and transferring technologies/processes to other internal manufacturing sites, or externally.
- Sets up and operates all laboratory machinery, including but not limited to: tablet, coating and encapsulation machinery.
- Cleans and maintains lab equipment and rooms.
- Maintains listing of laboratory equipment and collaborates with maintenance and quality teams in order to adhere to equipment calibration schedule.
- Completes special projects on time, as assigned by their supervisor.
- Looks for innovative and better ways of doing things. Actively looks to eliminate non-value added steps of processes and procedures.
- Explores and shares new scientific information, technologies, products and processes with the Technical Services team.
- Ensures that all internal and external work activities are conducted to appropriated standards, in accordance with Company policies, laws, quality standards, SOPs, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned as required