Job Title: Tech Writer Sr
Location: Savannah, GA 31407
Duration: 12 Months
- EWIS (Electrical Wiring Interconnection System) best practices, S1000D Technical Publication Specification, STE (Simplified Technical English), and PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) database experience desired.
- Directly responsible (either individually or with other team members) for the development of technical publications.
- This can include special projects, research and development, and aircraft safety-related content.
- Support the complete workflow process to ensure successful development and revision of technical publications.
- Comply with established quality processes to ensure accuracy, ease of use, and timely delivery of content.
- With minimal to no supervision, use aircraft technical data to develop technical content that provides the information necessary for efficient return to service of the aircraft.
- Conduct reviews, analysis, and modification of technical documents to gain a thorough understanding of complex aircraft system operation.
- Provide training support on complex system operation and technical publications software and processes.
- Participate with publications team to ensure department workflows and business processes are followed.
- Proactively conduct discussions with internal/external customers in the development of source data, making sure it meets technical publication requirements.
- Directly collaborate with Research and Development, Production, Completions Center, and Customer Support personnel to develop, review, and approve technical procedures.
- Provide process improvement recommendations to leadership that can reduce overall department cost and/or increase productivity.
- Contribute to development and continuous improvement of department styles, standards, operating procedures, and priorities.
- Provide input to leadership on new processes or technology to enhance the Technical Publications business model.
- Assist in the development of solutions to resolve technical data challenges.
- Collaborate with leadership, team members, and other departments to develop/implement special projects.
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft system methodology gained through practical experience is required.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills are required.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering data is required. Experience with 3-D data is desired.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft/hand tools, test equipment, parts nomenclature, maintenance procedures, and aircraft equipment (obtained through experience, research, or training) is required.