Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Under general direction, the Technical Analyst II installs, modifies and fixes computer hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses and resolves complex escalated application and operating system issues for end user hardware and software; documents issues; acts as a primary point of contact for end-users throughout issue resolution
- Installs new and updated software onto end-user systems through automated scripting; performs quality checks on individual system and Company-wide releases
- Responds to end-user security alerts, removes security threats, documents and recommends mitigation in collaboration with Security Team
- Performs vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments; provides implementation plan and recommends security enhancements in collaboration with security team
- Configures and supports security tools, including, but not limited to, firewalls, anti-virus software and patch management systems; provides implementation plan and recommends security enhancements in collaboration with security team
- Sets up end-user hardware and peripheral components
- Analyzes complex service and system reports, determines trends; performs problem isolation; recommends enterprise resolutions
- Trains Technical Analysts I
- Provides complex system administration, including but not limited to, clean-up and maintenance of the operating systems in collaboration with the Server Administration team.
- Provides on-call support for escalated production issues on a rotating schedule
- Ensures security of executive and VIP systems; maintains confidentiality
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to desktop support procedures and services
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires three years desktop support experience with at least one year technical analyst experience.
- One year Windows or Linux server administration is required.
- Proven ability with troubleshooting Windows, iOS, desktop devices is required.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; ability to clearly articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Proven ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
This position requires an associate's degree or equivalent experience. A bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or similar is preferred. Valid state Driver License and proof of insurance is required. Software/hardware certifications are a plus.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.