LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The steam engineer is the technical subject matter expert responsible for support of the operations department in ensuring safe, reliable, and adequate production and distribution of steam throughout the integrated production facility at LKO. In addition, the engineer provides technical support to storage, loading, and transfer operations.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Provide necessary technical support to the operations department to maintain necessary steam supply to the integrated production facility to sustain production.
* Develop and monitor key performance indicators related to, but not limited to, the following:
o Production efficiencies
o Capacity availability
o Reliability metrics
o Water/steam quality
* Act as key individual in PSM-related activities within area of responsibility:
o Management of change
o PHA participation
o Pre-startup safety reviews
* Collaborate with water treatment service provider:
o Minimize/optimize chemical use and treatment costs
o Propose improvement projects based on adequate economic return
* Provide process engineering support to capital projects within area of responsibility
* Assist in long-range planning for capital projects, as well as turnaround planning
* Support/lead investigations relative to environmental and/or safety incidents
o As required, perform calculations to determine regulatory exceedances
* Coach/mentor peer group in order to strengthen experiential repository
Areas of Expertise
* Deaeration, boilers, steam and water treatment
* Fuel gas supply and control
* Understanding of high purity water/steam treatment highly preferred
Education and Work Experience
* Bachelor's degree in technical discipline (Chemical Engineering Degree preferred)
* Minimum of 5 years in production operation or technical support
Preferred Work Experience
* Experience working with high pressure steam, e.g. public utility or industrial steam production
* Background in refinery or petrochemical plants
* High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Strong background in statistical evaluation and troubleshooting
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles