Are you looking for a career where you will be leading a team and delighting the customers by providing quality service (install, repair, maintain, splicing, troubleshooting) in your Market area? Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment where time flies juggling multiple priorities? Then you should join the Operations team with Hargray Fiber as a Technical Operations Supervisor!
To earn total customer satisfaction and loyalty by providing services that exceed the quality and value expectations of our customers, employees, owners, and the community. Responsible for supervision of all duties performed inside of your market area. Performs quality assessment of all plant types as needed and manages work activities related to installations, preventive maintenance, splicing, troubleshooting, and repairs. Schedules team members and contract resources to ensure troubles, service orders, and plant issues are worked in a timely manner. Responsible for leadership, administrative duties, and direction for day-to-day performance while maintaining a high level of professionalism and cooperation between different departments and work areas.
The Company: For over 70 years, Hargray has been connecting customers to each other and the world, growing from a local phone company to an industry leader providing residential, business, enterprise, and carrier wholesale communications services. Our mission is to envision and deliver customer delight. In addition to our long history of dedication and commitment to our community, we offer benefits for your health, wealth, protection, well-being, time, and more. Our team of almost 600 colleagues across 8 locations is committed to excellence, delivering the most advanced technology and the best service for our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recommends strategic plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Directs the installation and repair of services for customers to include voice, video and high-speed data services.
- Performs quality control assessment of all installation and repair, splicing, drop services, and maintenance activates.
- Sets goals for the operation teams to ensure that the company can achieve its overall objectives. Acts as a coordination point between sales and operations leadership.
- Initiates and directs plans to motivate employees to achieve goals, strive for maximum efficiency and to go beyond what is expected.
- Reviews service order activity and perform trouble ticket analysis.
- Assists in the testing of fiber, coaxial, and copper cables; uses various fault locating equipment to isolate the source of trouble or complaint, including forward and reverse testing of HFC plant.
- Addresses employee and customer complaints and problems immediately. Reports or escalates issues to the appropriate level of management as required.
- Reads and interprets staking sheets and cable design schematics in order to provide as-built information back to design engineers when variances are identified.
- Verifies information on repair orders and service orders; advises appropriate employees of any needed corrections or changes in information.
- Oversees all activities across departments and personnel levels to ensure the integrity of budget, schedule, and technical performance of employees.
- Ensures excellent customer experience for all customers, both internal and external, by coordinating departments to operate as a team in accordance with Hargray’s Guiding Principles for customer service.
- Communicates to ensure that information, company goals, objectives, and performance are transferred in a timely manner to all levels of personnel.
- Supports team in embracing company initiatives and direction by providing a unified front with managerial decisions and modeling behaviors expected of the team.
- Prepares and delivers periodic operational reports depicting achieved service levels.
- Performs skills assessment of all assigned employees, and recommends training as required.
- Inspects department vehicles to ensure they are kept in a clean, orderly, well-stocked fashion. Reviews monitoring data to ensure safe operation and compliance with Company policies. Completes necessary paperwork for maintenance or repairs to the vehicle.
- Analyzes and resolves problems, or assists employees in solving problems.
- Works with team to identify and implement customer or colleague experience improvement activities and process improvements.
- Supports and enforces company policies and directives.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as hiring, promoting, transferring, discharging, disciplinary measures, pay increases, etc.
- Responsible for timely performance evaluation of employees based upon measurable objective criteria.
- Responsible for training and development of all employees assigned.
- Communicates with other departments to ensure trouble and service orders are worked in a timely manner.
- Travels between all Hargray Fiber Markets as needed to support the business
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure the effective operation of the department and the Company
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or work equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry
- Must be familiar with the methods and procedures used to install and repair voice, video, and high-speed data over copper, HFC, GPON, and Fiber to the Home infrastructure
- Working knowledge of AC/DC theory as it applies to telecommunications
- Understanding of Company construction standards and specifications
- Must be willing to learn new material and be able to teach other employees as needed
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to communicate clearly with written and verbal correspondence as needed
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Self-motivated and results-oriented while working with minimal supervision
- Must possess a working knowledge of MS Office suite products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends & holidays