Title: Technical Project Manager
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
Primary responsibility will be to Project Manage the deployment of Security applications across the enterprise. Must have knowledge and experience in this area.
- Identify project goals, scope, resource mix, budget, execution workflow, dependencies, DRIVE matrix, tracking/ measurement model, communication plan, change management, risk mitigation, and governance
- Execute and track project against set goals, timelines, committed results, quality gates, and performance KPIs.
- Follow effective processes to optimize delivery within an agile environment.
- Identify, escalate conflicts and resolve.
- Provide status updates to project team per governance model as well as cross-organization
- Optimize delivery to mitigate the impact of project constraints.
- Implements medium to large cross-team, multi-year programs and projects.
- Align project plans to roadmap i.e., budgets, resources, dependencies etc.
- Define project metrics, communicate progress, exceptions, and trends to executives.
- Work with development leaders to define, collect and analyze relevant development team project metrics, with an eye toward continuous improvement
- Communicate scope, project roadmap, priorities and key delivery status to project stakeholders and business teams.
- Identify and manage project risks and exceptions.
- Propose mitigation of risks and resolution to exceptions of large scope within the overall project delivery workflow.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends, business conditions, and internal processes and practices to influence the success of project initiatives.
Required Job Skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering.
- 6 - 10 years of experience in handling technical projects and priorities.
- Understanding of project management tools like JIRA, Confluence, and Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Visio, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills and technical aptitude (product feature/function understanding).
- Ability to act creatively, tactically, and strategically.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and associated collaboration focus.
- Strong estimation, scheduling, budget, and resource allocation skills to be able to estimate cross-Business Line delivery.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to negotiate & persuade key decision makers.
- Strong ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members.
- Some Travel may be required to meet with project participants.
- PMP Certification or equivalent.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment, and with agile tools such as Jira and Confluence a plus.
- Good understanding of Technology stack, product life cycle and automotive industry.
- Experience in collaborating with off-shore agile teams.
- Experience in collaborating across Business | Product Lines
- Detail, action, and process orientation to deliver projects in an iterative fashion and drive initiatives to completion.
If interested, please reach out!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!