Title: Technical Services Associate
Duration: 6 months contract to hire
Salary after conversion: $50K
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
What is the Global Customer Solutions Center group responsible for?
Our Service Desk - a team comprised of 40 individual agents supporting 24x7 global operations - handles 180K contacts per year from our internal customers. It is a dynamic environment where the primary focus is on adding value by offering campaign support and helping customers better understand and leverage technology. ServiceNow is our Service Management platform through which we focus on continuously improving our service delivery. We strive to be proactive while maintaining a 70% total first contact resolution, less than a 3% abandonment rate, and wait times of less Than 30 seconds.
What exciting initiatives will the Technical Service Associate be a part of developing/implementing/enhancing?
- Across technology we are focused on decreasing the number of incidents reported by our customers. As a technical service associate your role in this effort is to decrease customers' need to contact us by focusing on technology adoption and guiding users to better understand utilize knowledge and self-servicing capabilities available to them.
- You will also deliver targeted information to users by leveraging our campaign functionality designed to deliver 'just in time” information to specific users and increasing our focus on adding value to our interactions.
- You will also be directly involved in our focus on collaborative services and implementation of cloud-based offerings. This includes implementations of Office 365/OneDrive for Business as well as exchange on-line, sharepoint on-line and MS teams; with an end goal of changing the way people operate!
- Identify issues and resolve or escalate to tier II as needed
- Fully document issues and customer interactions and focus on adding value
- Understand our global technology footprint and be able to communicate clearly with customers in business terms to help educate them on specific technologies or issues.
- Understand existing functionality and keep current on new offerings and understand the business value they offer.
- Participate in our 'campaign” delivery; which identifies specific topics of discussion with customers mainly focused on increasing self-servicing and technology adoption and be able to respectfully and efficiently interact with all levels of employees; including VIPs.
- Educate customers on new technology service offerings and how they can be best utilized to gain efficiencies.
- Minimum 1-2 years technical support experience, working with remote end-users
- At least 1-year experience in specific technical areas including PC hardware, Windows and iOS current versions. Microsoft skill set including Office 365/OneDrive for Business. TCP/IP, internet, and networks, including remote access, Internet Explorer 11 including settings for Java, Flash, and Security/Access Level.
- Experience in specific technical areas including computer operating job processing and systems, security protocols and procedures., as well as Microsoft OS (Windows 10/Office 365 and OneDrive for Business), Skype for Business and MS Teams as well as other collaboration tools, RSA SecureID Authentication, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Remote support TCP.
- Experience with issue tracking systems (ServiceNow strongly preferred).
- Experience with iPad, iPhone, and wireless setup.
- Applicable certifications such as: MCP, MCSE, A+, Network +, Help Desk Institute certification