Technical Support Agent
REMOTE Position / ONSITE Interview
Location: North Charlotte
Hours: 8-5 Monday - Friday
*Will work remote until further notice*
6+ month Contract to Hire
This role is an entry level IT tech support role supporting clients across the globe. It is supporting a cloud based software. This company has great growth potential and training program. Ideal candidates will be have a base level of IT troubleshooting and a desire to continue their education.
- Passionately provide phone, ticketing, email and remote technical support to the company’s customers and business partners
- Use appropriate communication skills and questioning techniques to assess customer needs in a timely manner.
- Be committed to “being there” for customers and share dedication in striving to deliver world class technical & customer support and first call resolution!
- Provide follow-up customer contact to ensure satisfactory resolution of incidents
- Co-operate with other members of the technical support team, sales team and other departments
- Work closely with team members and Sales Engineers to identify bugs and report issues using internal systems and policies.
- Consult on-line web tool, computerized database, manuals, circulars or internal resources for information on resolution procedures.
- Ability to recognize when escalation is necessary. Escalate cases properly through established procedures.
- Remain current on new developments and changes through ongoing circular, e-mail, and manual review. Attend training updates as required.
- 1+ years’ experience in Help Desk or Customer Support environment.
- Highly customer-focused. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Customer focused with the ability to take a proactive approach to support, identifying and anticipating issues that customers may experience.
- Willingness to learn new procedures and technologies to develop own knowledge or skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Window’s client OS’s (XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10) and Windows server OS’s (Server 2003, Server 2008 all versions and Server 2012 all versions).
- Basic knowledge of using command line interface and a sound knowledge of networking protocols (UDP, TCP etc.).
- Understanding of DCOM, WMI, performance counters, event logging, diagnostic tools & Windows services.
- Fluent in English language
- Some knowledge on editing registry and a basic understanding of Linux.
- Microsoft MCP Certifications MCSE/MCSA and Network + , CompTIA A+ is preferred.
- Some knowledge with Active Directory, Networking knowledge (DNS, IIS, firewall, ports, and routing)
- Category Code: JN008, JN022