Salary: 65 – 80K DOE
Location: Redmond, WA
Awesome opportunity to work for the Technology Leader in connecting command centers with field personnel using radio and telephony technologies. They provide interoperable end-to-end command & control systems across multiple industries and international markets. We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer I who is technically savvy, have customer and sales experience, and is eager to learn about technology. Candidates knowledgeable of radio or telephony protocols are preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of the Technical Support Engineer I(sales):
- Supporting pre-sale activities and/or post-sales technical consulting activities and requirements gathering during the sales process in an effort to meet the customers’ needs.
- Provide hands-on, pre-sales technical guidance to internal sales partners on complex systems sales quotations and Technical responses, while maintaining sales perspective, Request for Quotations (RFQ’s), Requests for Information(RFI’s) and Requests for Proposal (RFP’s) and submit them in finalized format within the defined time frames.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
- Responsible for responding to customers with technical, sophisticated, and complex issues and questions with product line inquiries from resellers, customers or/or potential customers (phone and email) on a timely basis.
- Identify and assess prospective customer requirements and develop solution configurations in response to requirements to compile a deal.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements.
- Arrange for demonstrations or trial installations of equipment.
- Correspond with all customers, Resellers, and Territory Managers on a timely basis, while ensuring highest quality of work.
- Acts as a liaison between customers, resellers, sales teams, and internal departments.
- Provide detailed product recommendations using technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Develop and maintain a technical understanding of company’s solutions.
- Provide input and recommend action regarding distribution, product improvement, and new product development.
- Research and generate potential opportunities and quotes via Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software.
- Write technical documentation for products.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Provide clear explanations and instructions in a manner that is understandable to the customer and/or team members, both orally and in writing.
- Communicate regularly, both verbally and in writing, with management and other stakeholders on proposal status and any related issues.
- Follow all internal procedures to comply with the company’s ISO accreditation.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities of the Technical Support Engineer I (sales):
- Ability to understand technical issues and provide detailed product recommendations to prospective customers.
- Experience with using order systems and CRM applications.
- Must have strong attention to detail with exceptional level of accuracy and follow through.
- Comfortable working both independently with little or no supervision and in a team environment.
- Active listening skills with the ability to determine solutions to problems.
- Excellent written/oral communication, presentation skills, and time management skills.
- Analytical, with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with proven ability to establish customer rapport and credibility through demonstration of technical expertise.
- Ability to adapt and respond positively and effectively to change, delay, and/or shifting priorities and goals.
- Strong problem solving and collaboration skills.
- Ability to perform in complex cross-functional business environment as a team player.
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to work with all levels of internal and external parties.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey information clearly and accurately.
- Ability to gather, research, and analyze information.
- Ability to utilize technologies to streamline work processes.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and have an ongoing desire to stay current with the latest technologies.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office products including but not limited to Word, Excel, Project, Visio, and Power Point.