POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Technical Support Specialist will perform a wide variety of support duties to include preparing and/or deploying equipment and providing hardware/software support related activities. Routine duties with moderate supervision following established procedures and deadlines will be performed. The Technical Support Specialist must use tact and judgment and preserve confidentiality of sensitive information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide end user support to all staff and members.
- Provide incident management for technology issues.
- Prioritization of mission critical incidents over non-mission critical incidents.
- Escalate to appropriate Technology Services team member when necessary.
- Ensure incidents are resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support with various clerical duties periodically.
- Prepare and/or deploy equipment to staff and committee members.
- Provide hardware/software support for issued equipment.
- Assists with equipment preparation of committee meetings, conferences, and conventions.
- Assists in the implementation of department goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains equipment inventory.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 3+ years of experience working in an enterprise desktop support environment with software and hardware technical issues
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or a related field. (Combination of associate degree in information systems and/or commensurate desktop support work experience also a consideration.)
- Familiarity and comfortability with hardware/ Software troubleshooting and repair skills on (PC's, Laptops, MAC's, Tablets, Mobile phones, Printers)
- Strong knowledge of Windows Operating systems, Office Suites, Active Directory and Exchange
- Strong understanding of VOIP, and general networking practices desired.
- Requires excellent judgment and outstanding customer service abilities to service end users.
- Self-motivated and the ability to function with minimal instruction.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to have clear and precise communication with end users during the incident management process.
- Work performed in an office environment.
- Must be able to travel to out-of-town meetings, regional conferences, national conventions and event locations.
- Performance of physical requirements -- exerting 10 pounds of force occasionally and negligible amounts of force frequently in lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise documents, equipment, or other materials.
- Flexibility working after hours if needed.