Handles incoming customer calls, emails and faxes related to Securus systems, applications and products which includes but is not limited to Securus Call Platform (SCP) user interface questions. Responsible for providing detailed initial troubleshooting and problem resolution on basic features & functionality of Securus User-Interfaces, applications, third party systems along with supporting general customer inquiries. Responsible for accurately gathering information, generating and documenting tickets within the ticket tracking system and providing customer responses to inquiries within the defined / measured time frames.
- Accurately document trouble tickets including troubleshooting steps to final resolution and root cause with full resolution confirmation being obtained from the customer for all owned tickets before closing.
- Answer and manage customer inquiries via incoming calls, e-mails, and fax requests.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving network connectivity, software feature performance, hardware functionality, etc.
- Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms.
- Proactively review and troubleshoot each component related to an event to ensure that the issue being reported is not a repeated problem, so review previous the ticket history to rule that out.
- Provide effective and timely communication on open issues providing estimated time of resolution to customers (internal & external).
- Responsible for accepting and /or assisting in problem analysis for Facility Service Representatives (FSR) and serve as mentors to FSRs.
- Responsible for effectively monitoring personal ticket queues to provide updates on a frequent basis to ensure customer satisfaction.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency with working with Microsoft Office suite, such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word with strong typing/data entry skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal skills with a positive attitude & self-motivated
- Good analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work the assigned schedule as business needs require within a 24/7/365 support environment.
- Must have access to high-speed internet for remote connectivity to Securus network when applicable.
- Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment.
- High School Diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- 0-3 years’ experience in a technical support and/or in a help desk service environment with a focus on telecommunications and/or software support.
- Basic Telephony experience
- Comp TIA A+ Certification
- Microsoft SQL Database Experience
- Experience in providing remote network support.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technologies, Computer Science or Electronical Engineering.
- Correctional industry experience preferred.
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds. Work environment consists mostly of office setting, computer room operations, customer sites, customer workstation areas. Will be required to lift heavy objects weighing up to 70 pounds. Ability to pull cables, climb ladders, reach and pull cables and equipment, crawl to assess equipment under desks and other hard to reach locations.