Provides detailed, expert level technical support and problem resolution to customers (external & internal), for all company products and services. Interfaces regularly with internal departments and communicates with customers in support of Securus Technologies products & initiatives. Seen as strong subject matter experts and aid in facilitating the learning and technical mentoring of both Technical Support Technician I, and Technician II. Responsible for ensuring each problem escalated to them is addressed and resolved in a timely and precise manner.
- Accurately document trouble tickets including troubleshooting steps to final resolution and root cause with full resolution confirmation being obtained from the customer for all owned tickets before closing.
- Proactively review and troubleshoot each components related to a monitoring event to ensure that the issue being investigated is not a repeat problem, so reviewing of previous ticket history is needed to rule that out.
- Serve as next level support/mentorship to ALL Technical Support Technicians to aid in broadening their overall knowledge and skillset and are the conduit for next level escalation of technical matters.
- Provide detailed troubleshooting/problem resolution as well as root cause analysis for all escalated tickets and or complex situations
- Research and document trending analysis on customer reported network and platform inconsistencies and notify appropriate department of patterns established to implement corrective measures.
- Manage and track all escalated issues being reported internal & external to the Technical Support department.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) on all Tech Support tickets generated for tracking.
- Ownership, review and updating of training materials included in Tech Support Wiki Database.
- Technical Support Technician III will be available and on call as needed for all escalated issues.
- Identify training opportunities, and improvements for Technical Support Technicians in all areas of technical discipline.
- Deliver operational analytics that focus on business process improvements.
- Regular trouble ticket queue review to ensure timely resolution of escalated customer issues and identify trends/patters.
- Attend and/or deliver training as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and deliver technical training materials.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and/or conflicting tasks simultaneously in a group or independent setting.
- Expanded knowledge of the telecommunications industry. With a fundamental understanding of LAN/WAN technologies with experience in providing technical support, internal and external, to customers on a LAN/WAN network.
- Flexibility to work the assigned schedule as business needs require within a 24/7/365 support environment.
- Good analytical and decision making skills.
- High degree of problem solving, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities by comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions
- Interfacing with internal and external operations teams as needed to solve customer issues/escalations
- Knowledge of QNX, Windows and Linux OS as well as Sybase, SQL and Oracle Database Management.
- Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge on the Securus offerings with knowledge of how these offerings can add value to the customer
- Must have access to high speed Internet for remote connectivity to Securus Technology Inc. network when applicable.
- Must have access to high-speed internet for remote connectivity to Securus network when applicable.
- Proficiency with working with Microsoft Office suite, such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word with strong typing/data entry skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment where problem resolution times are measured in minutes/hours.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and leadership skills with a positive attitude & self-motivated
- Strong data/information analysis and integration skills.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Time management and information organization skills.
- Understanding of workflow processes and Securus products and services.
- Understanding of networks, routers, client/server systems and experience in providing network support.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and capable of learning new technology
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience (preferably in computer science and/or engineering).
- 6-9 years’ experience in a technical support environment.
- Experience in direct customer support with Windows OS and troubleshooting data circuits.
- Experience in PBX systems and/or server based telephony networks.
- POTS telephony experience.
- MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, or CCNA, CCNP Certification.
- Experience with integration of computer and telephone networks (preferable including Brooktrout, NMS and Dialogic).
- Experience with RAS, Communication Ports, IAD’s (Integrated Access Device), PIX Firewall Functionality, Cisco Routers, Modems TCP-IP, PC-DUO (or equivalent), Smart Switches, DSL, Cable Modems .
- Experience in LAN/WAN Configurations.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or Electronical Engineering
- Relevant work experience in a telecommunication / correctional service provider industry (preferred)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
The Company’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals in all of its employment programs and decisions. Securus Technologies, Inc., and its Subsidiaries will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.