If you have a passion for excellence and providing extraordinary Technical Training, then you could be our next Technical Training Specialist at Welbilt's Manitowoc Ice facility*.
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers’ Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
As a Technical Training Specialist this person will provide expert technical and operational training to Service Technicians as well as employees within Manitowoc Ice’s Factory Training Center. In addition to Factory Training this person will also be the Instructor within Technical Videos, Virtual Training as well as assisting in development of the training material. At this advanced level, incumbents apply practical knowledge of the brand/product line obtained through advanced education and work experience. Will influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies, and practices. Reviews and develops technical documentation to ensure accuracy and effective messaging. In addition, assist and participate and manage more complex projects such as New Product Development and other duties as directed by the supervisor/manager.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Technical Training; this position is located in Manitowoc, WI at our Manitowoc Ice* facility.
- Assist in providing technical training to the field technicians on the product brand equipment for Service Techs, Service agencies, key customers, and internal technical support personnel.
- Assist in Developing the training presentations for the assigned product lines ensuring that all manufactured equipment is addressed, as well as discontinued equipment, as required.
- Assists in logistics of setting up and performing various training programs.
- Provides technical assistance to internal and external customers via email, phone or onsite as needed.
Key Task and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical and operational training and service support for assigned product lines.
- Assist and participate on New Product Development and other duties as directed by the supervisor/manager.
- Administers written and practical exams and writes performance reports to evaluate trainees' performance.
- Responds to non-routine correspondence requests for service assistance from Service Techs, agencies, Sales and customers.
- Maintains accuracy of training materials for current production equipment and past production units, as needed.
- Continues to expand mastery of the product line equipment, related service issues, and relevant tools.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff and customers, as appropriate.
- High degree of project management skills to manage and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Request and interpret test data, as needed to support New Product Development from a Service perspective to drive/write service diagnostics.
- HVAC/R Trade School, Military or equivalent experience and a minimum of 7 years of previous experience in technical service, repair, maintenance or related service support.
- Refrigerant Handling EPA Certification is this required.
- Education in Graphic Design is a plus.
- Strong software applications including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premier Pro, Audition, etc.).
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills. Presentation and public speaking skills are needed to implement Level I, II, and III Technical Training.
- Ability to participate/perform in video and voice project development.
- In depth and advanced knowledge of assigned product line(s).
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Work effectively with all levels of management and staff and internal/external service technicians.
- Must be willing and able to travel 20% of the time domestic with the possibility to travel international.
- Weekend schedules may be required.
*Known as America’s #1 Selling Ice Machine, Manitowoc Ice designs and manufactures a complete range of cube, flake, and nugget ice machines, ice storage bins, and ice dispensers with 200+ models in ice-making capacities from 65 to 3,000 pounds per day. Our products can be found in hospitals, schools, hotels, restaurants, and convention centers all over the world.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world’s top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.