Technical Writer / Editor - York, PA 17408
6 Month Contract (Extension / Permanent Hire Potential)
- Creates and revises complex technical documentation to support the marketing, operation, repair, and maintenance of company products. Ensures documents conform to company and government standards and specifications and language usage principles. Creates and revises technical documentation using state-of-the-art publishing software technology including product descriptions, detailed functional descriptions, operating procedures, fault isolation, maintenance and repair procedures, and illustrated parts breakdown. Ensures compliance with customer requirements, government specifications, engineering standards, and language usage principles.
- XML Authoring Tool Experience (e.g. Arbortext Epic Editor and Oxygen software),
- MS Office Tools/Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint required; Access a plus) • Adobe Acrobat Professional PDF Software – proficient for use of illustration markups; or use of a similar PDF (electronic) markup tool
- Mechanical/Electrical/Operator Tech Writer Experience/Knowledge Required, preferred in the defense industry,
- Validation/Verification, on-vehicle experience a plus,
- Content Management System (CMS) experience a plus, • Customer Interaction/Customer Service skills required (some positions involve direct customer interface representing company
- XML Authoring Tool Experience (e.g. Arbortext Epic Editor and Oxygen software).
- Candidate should have working knowledge of a Structured XML editing tool as most of our content (90%) is authored in XML.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, plus 2 additional year’s relevant experience.