The successful candidate will work with the Engineering & Logistics Teams as a technical writer and documentation developer. Will develop and write manuals and documents such as Operator and Administrator User, Maintenance, Life Cycle Support and Logistics documents and/or manuals in accordance with customer specifications for digital and analog voice and data telecommunication products. Technologies include networking, digital and analog interfacing, Internet Protocol, microprocessor and analog components, and proprietary and commercial software components.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
* Technically analyze customer guidelines to create compliant documents
* Conduct technical analysis of product implementations, modifications, and enhancements to products in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations
* Prepare deliverable manuals and documents in accordance with customer specifications for voice and data telecommunication products.
* Work closely with Development, Systems and Logistics Departments as well as other support departments to derive source data.
* Develop well written content and efficiently communicate material to the end-user.
* Adhere to contractual format, content and style guidelines, giving consideration to usability and ensuring accuracy, consistency and quality. In the absence of customer dictated specifications must be able to develop and adhere to own style guideline.
* Interface with customers.
* Provide required status reports to management
* Understanding of parts lists, government specifications, schematic and engineering drawings
* Experience with Systems Life Cycle Support and associated documents
* Requires highly motivated individual that can quickly learn complex telecommunication products. Prior experience with highly technical engineering documents is required
* Must be able to type, use a personal computer, and be familiar with full-featured word-processing applications, desktop publishing tools and drawing packages. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite as well as imaging software (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc) for graphics editing and screen capturing is essential.
* Must possess excellent communication skill and writing style and have an eye for detail.
* Must be able to work independently as well as contribute as part of an engineering group.
* Must possess the ability and skill to write, edit, and prepare clear, concise, and acceptable technical, maintenance and logistics documentation as well as the ability to communicate effectively with technical professionals and managers.
* Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience, is required.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.