Job Title: Technical Writer
Job Location: Denver, CO - 80203
Job Type: Contract
Our client is looking for a highly-motivated IT Technical Writer. This role's primary responsibility is to create operational documentation in support of processes, procedures, workflows, standards, diagrams and disaster recovery plans for all IT teams and Business Applications. The IT Technical Writer is well-educated in technical writing. This role must be motivated with excellent writing and communication skills. The successful candidate will collaborate with Infrastructure Operations, Application Delivery and Support, Services Engagement, and other IT leadership and must demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships and maintain positive partnerships with our customers and partners. This role must be able to communicate effectively to understand, assess, explain and provide solutions when called upon to do so.
- Create, update and maintain operational documentation for processes, procedures, workflows, standards, and diagrams of infrastructure operations and application data flow.
- Create, update and maintain Disaster Recovery plans and related documentation, including work instructions and process flows.
- Work with associates/Technical owners to generate documents or revise/update previously published documents, as necessary
- Update document repositories and document naming convention for standardization
- Review, format, and proofread technical procedure documents; provide completed documents to Client for final review and approval.
- Produce high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience
- Document procedures, use cases, requirements, and technical designs
- Create process flows, networking, and infrastructure diagrams
- Create and edit documents and diagrams using Google or Microsoft applications, such as Word, Visio, and PowerPoint and/or their Google equivalents
- Work collaboratively with a team of analysts, developers, engineers, and other security professionals
- Work with contributors to resolve content issues or gaps
- Create and/or organize material and completing writing assignments according to specified standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, information protection (information security), or a related IT field is required.
- 2 years of experience in preparing and editing IT operations documents, including technical documents.
- Experience in updating/creating Disaster Recovery Plans/Technology Recovery Plans
- Understanding of IT Disaster Recovery documentation and best practices
- Demonstrate analytical experience, close attention to detail, excellent critical thinking, logic, and solution orientation
- Develop, implement, support, and update technology-related documentation systems
- Interpret, analyze and document regulatory and audit requirements
- Work collaboratively with a team of analysts, developers, engineers, and other professionals
- Experience with creating and editing documents and diagrams using Microsoft applications, such as Word, Visio, and PowerPoint or their Google equivalents
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to deliver high quality documentation
- Able to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Strong verbal communications skills and concise written communication skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical details and thoughts in non-technical/general terminology
- Work well in team environments with internal and external resources as well as work independently on tasks
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills