Duration: 5-month contract with potential to extend
You will engage directly with our awesome product teams; understanding their domains/features, getting really close to their APIs, forming mental models to explain them to others, and create API documentation, tutorials, introductions, and any other materials required to achieve our goals of rapid comprehension and high adoption. You will be a part of a great team of equally strong technical writers who will review each other's work to ensure accuracy and cohesion.
- 1) You are a highly skilled writer, capable of distilling difficult surface area down to the bare minimum required for a technical reader to rapidly build comprehension. You have a great portfolio with samples that demonstrate this, and you are very proud of them.
- 2) This isn't your first rodeo; you have 5-7+ years of product-grade SaaS technical writing, including at least 2 years of API technical documentation design/production.
- 3) You are at least somewhat technical. You have coded in your life and ideally liked it. You used Postman (or some other API client) at your last job and found it useful. You understand APIs and how they work and are gifted at imparting that knowledge to others.
- 4) You are curious; you don't trust what developers tell you and like to pick things apart and try them yourself. If you weren't such a great writer you'd probably be in QA.
- 5) You are highly motivated (since you love your work) and very effective at managing yourself to high productivity.
- 6) You are very open to receiving and giving feedback, because you know that is the path to greatness and you are all about quality.
It pays to network! Ask me how Ascent rewards for hired referrals.