Job Title: Technical Writer
Location: Northern, NJ
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Long Term
Contact Info: Mike Potenza - firstname.lastname@example.org - 201-786-2413
• The Technical Writers role is to develop written information about the organization's computing systems that aid in their development, use, and support.
• Outputs will include a range of documents to be read by both technical and non-technical personnel across all departments.
Primary Purpose and Goal:
• To work with Information Protection Group to review, cross-reference and edit security documentation for Audit Solutions
• Proven ability create clear and concise technical documentation and follow process.
• Proven track record writing proficiency for multiple audiences and in multiple modes (reports, meeting minutes, presentations, emails, technical specifications, proposals)
• Experienced in the development of technical documentation used for production support of IT infrastructure
• Familiarity with Atlassian Confluence a plus
• Ability to work with little oversight on short deadlines
• Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Project, Excel, Visio, Power Point
• Strong interpersonal skills (verbal, written and presentation)
• The position requires a lot of customer interaction including meetings, presentations and documentation
• Strong knowledge of Production Data Center Operational environments
• Preferred Education BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
• 3 or more years of experience with systems analysis or business analysis.
• 2 or more years of experience with technical writing, technical documentation
• Minimum Experience 5+ years Technical Documentation Experience