Role/Title Technical Writer
Location Arlington Texas 76011
Duration 06 Months
- Develop/update Operator’s and Operation & Maintenance Manuals (O&M)s, Parts Catalogs, Illustrated Parts Breakdowns (IPB)s, Maintenance Requirement Cards (MRC)s and COTS documents IAW Military Standards/Specifications, and contribute to Proposal efforts, as needed.
- Participate in ILS reviews with the Customer and Program Management.
- Review in-house & Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) documentation for technical accuracy.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret TM requirements in Specs and SOWS
- Acquire subject knowledge by interviewing engineers and research scientists, observing study methodologies, and referring to technical specifications, engineering drawings, and trade journals.
- Create graphics for inclusion in the technical documentation.
- Review and prepare Contract Deliverables Requirements List (CDRLs) documents for official delivery to the government customer.
Education and Experience Desired:
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Military Specs/Standards and the ability to implement such specs/stds.
- Ability to grow into a future leadership role including cost account management.
- Must have extensive MS Office product experience (must be a Power User).
- Arbortext experience, helpful.
- Prefer 8+ years Autocad (or similar) experience.
- Must have the ability to learn in a very fast paced environment