Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication. Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for non-technical and technical users. Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation. Documents engineering processes and specifications. Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements. Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
1. Research, outline, and create large sections of documentation.
2. Assist in the design and implementation of printed and electronic user guides and context-sensitive help systems.
3. Develop expertise in one or more aspects of the products being documented.
4. Adhere to the policies and procedures defined by Geospatial Solutions process and client requirements for the project they are assigned.
5. Work closely with software engineers and other team members to gain an understanding of the documented functionality.
6. Research new functionality as needed.
7. Assist in the validation and derivation of Product and Functional requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in technical writing, English, or the Sciences; or equivalent experience required.
• 4-6 years technical writing experience.
• 4-6 years’ experience with an HTML editor such as MS SharePoint and HTML Help Workshop or other help authoring software.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Strong editing skills.
• Ability to learn and understand software applications quickly.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Understanding of documentation process and software development process.
• Experience with medical hardware and software products is highly desired.
• Experience with localization highly desired.