Canon U.S.A., Inc. has an exciting opportunity in our San Jose clean room to support our photolithography equipment customers and enable them to utilize cutting edge technology in their semiconductor manufacturing process.
- Install, repair, calibrate and maintain semiconductor process equipment while minimizing equipment down time. Escalate advanced repairs as needed, to senior level technicians.
- Monitor, inspect and maintain semiconductor equipment in order to prevent and minimize malfunctions.
- Maintain accurate documentation of maintenance activity and provide periodic reports
- Monitor stock level of service parts and equipment to ensure adequate inventory is available for repair work
- Provide training and assistance to technicians and may provide basic instruction to customers.
- Participate in ongoing technical training to expand technical expertise.
- AA or equivalent relevant experience required, BA preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of related work experience (i.e. field service engineer or technician position in a semiconductor equipment company or a technical position in the engineering field). Litho experience preferred, experience on high precision equipment helpful.
- May require up to 50% travel (valid drivers license and acceptable driving record necessary).
- Requires MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Position may require travel to other offices/customer sites within the US. Some overseas travel as needed.
- May require ability to work flexible shifts
- This position requires driving for company business as an essential function of the job and must remain in compliance with company safety guidelines and policies.
- Requires ability to lift up to 30 pounds individually and for lifting over 30 pounds assistance may be available.
- Substantial amount of standing, walking, typing, grasping, talking and hearing.
- Substantial amount of driving required, sometime for multiple hours at a time.
- Occasionally kneeling, crouching, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling and climbing stairs or ladder.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity with or without corrective lenses for extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Working primarily in a cleanroom environment (wearing full clean room suit, facemask, gloves, safety glasses)
- The work environment may include a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to chemicals, ultraviolet light and lasers, working in enclosed spaces, close quarters, narrow aisles or passageways.
- The work environment may include working in highly time sensitive situations requiring quick resolution including equipment problems.
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2017 and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2018. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact [email protected].
Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office. .
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners. .
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
#LI-NF1 #CUSA #CBNR #DICE