LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
Located at the Bayport PO Plant in Bayport, TX. Instrumentation and Electrical (IE) maintenance technicians aretasked to apply IE expertise daily to insure the safe and reliable operation of site process plants and reduceoperating costs. This is accomplished by executing assigned work according to plan and schedule, noting any jobplan deviations, and providing input on improvement opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Accountable for personal safety, the safety of co-workers and promoting a safe work environment;responsible for carrying out all work activities in compliance with federal and state environmentalregulations.
- Promote an environment in which everyone is treated with respect.
- Provide technical expertise to assist supervision and operations in the installation, acceptance testing,commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of unit instrument and electrical equipment.Equipment includes various types of motors, PLCs, DCSs, motor control centers, and processinstrumentation (transmitters, valves, controllers, etc.).
- Execute scheduled work by:
- Reviewing assigned job scopes for completeness and understanding.
- Acquiring all necessary parts, tools, and instructions prior to starting the job to maximize workefficiency.
- Following all necessary safety procedures and practices to isolate, clear, and work on plantequipment.
- Ensuring work is completed per company and industry standards.
- Working with equipment owner to complete task in a safe and timely manner.
- Updating supervisor on job progress and any problems encountered in completing the defined scopeof work.
- Completing all documentation using a computerized maintenance management system.
- Respond to tasks as directed by maintenance supervision with the appropriate sense of urgency to minimizeimpact to process units.
- Participate in investigations, policy and procedure development, and improving the work place environment.
- Candidate will also be required to mentor other IE maintenance technicians when necessary.
- Engage in frequent developmental dialog Identify and implement reliability driven improvements. This mayinclude participation in site reliability teams.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum 2 years as a Maintenance I&E Technician in a manufacturing, chemical, petroleum, or industrialenvironment.
- Testing or demonstration of technical skills may be performed during the hiring process to ensure minimumrequirements are met
- NCCER certification, certificate/degree in instrumentation technology or equivalent experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of industrial electrical systems, electrical drawings and industry switchingpractices.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsored (U.S.citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident)
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language with effective verbal and written communicationskills.
- Must be willing and able to provide overtime coverage
- Must be willing and able to work plant call-outs
- Must be will to work with hazardous and/or flammable chemicals (with proper safety precautions, trainingand equipment)
- Must be willing to work around and/or manually interact with heavy equipment
- Must be willing and able to work outside, year round under various weather conditions
- Must be willing and able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be willing and able to work in environments that require frequent bending, reaching, and lifting
- Must be willing and able to work in tight or confined spaces
- Must be willing and able to work at heights above 25 feet by climbing stairs and vertical ladders
- Must be will and able to lift up to 50 pounds
- The critical competencies for this position are interpersonal capability (include effective communication andtechnology orientation), customer focus, motivating each other, drive for result, innovation, developing self& others and basic computer skills
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston