LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
Located at the Bayport PO Plant in Bayport, TX. Instrumentation and Electrical (IE) maintenance technicians are tasked to apply IE expertise daily to insure the safe and reliable operation of site process plants and reduce operating costs. This is accomplished by executing assigned work according to plan and schedule, noting any job plan deviations, and providing input on improvement opportunities.Roles & Responsibilities
- Accountable for personal safety, the safety of co-workers and promoting a safe work environment; responsible for carrying out all work activities in compliance with federal and state environmental regulations.
- Promote an environment in which everyone is treated with respect.
- Provide technical expertise to assist supervision and operations in the installation, acceptance testing, commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of unit instrument and electrical equipment. Equipment includes various types of motors, PLCs, DCSs, motor control centers, and process instrumentation (transmitters, valves, controllers, etc.).
- Execute scheduled work by:
- Reviewing assigned job scopes for completeness and understanding.
- Acquiring all necessary parts, tools, and instructions prior to starting the job to maximize work efficiency.
- Following all necessary safety procedures and practices to isolate, clear, and work on plant equipment.
- Ensuring work is completed per company and industry standards.
- Working with equipment owner to complete task in a safe and timely manner.
- Updating supervisor on job progress and any problems encountered in completing the defined scope of work.
- Completing all documentation using a computerized maintenance management system.
- Respond to tasks as directed by maintenance supervision with the appropriate sense of urgency to minimize impact to process units.
- Participate in investigations, policy and procedure development, and improving the work place environment.
- Candidate will also be required to mentor other IE maintenance technicians when necessary.
- Engage in frequent developmental dialog Identify and implement reliability driven improvements. This may include participation in site reliability teams.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum 2 years as a Maintenance I&E Technician in a manufacturing, chemical, petroleum, or industrial environment.
- Testing or demonstration of technical skills may be performed during the hiring process to ensure minimum requirements are met
- NCCER certification, certificate/degree in instrumentation technology or equivalent experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of industrial electrical systems, electrical drawings and industry switching practices.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsored (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident)
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing and able to provide overtime coverage
- Must be willing and able to work plant call-outs
- Must be will to work with hazardous and/or flammable chemicals (with proper safety precautions, training and equipment)
- Must be willing to work around and/or manually interact with heavy equipment
- Must be willing and able to work outside, year round under various weather conditions
- Must be willing and able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be willing and able to work in environments that require frequent bending, reaching, and lifting
- Must be willing and able to work in tight or confined spaces
- Must be willing and able to work at heights above 25 feet by climbing stairs and vertical ladders
- Must be will and able to lift up to 50 pounds
- The critical competencies for this position are interpersonal capability (include effective communication and technology orientation), customer focus, motivating each other, drive for result, innovation, developing self & others and basic computer skills
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston