LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
Laboratory Technicians provide accurate, reliable, and timely results from analytical and physical testing in order to support production units and ensure final products meet all quality requirements. The La Porte quality control laboratories consist of a polymers laboratory supporting polyethylene production and a chemicals laboratory supporting Acetyls, Olefins, and Syngas production.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Accountable for personal safety, the safety of co-workers and promoting a safe work environment
* Performs routine and non-routine sample analyses in accordance with test methods to ensure validity of sample results.
* Understands targets on intermediate streams, product specifications on finished products, and the specific testing requirements for each.
* Ensures all instruments are available and in statistical control, correcting or escalating issues as needed.
* Understands LIMS application and workflow relative to testing jobs.
* Works with Chemist & Supervisor on implementation of new technologies, including installation, calibration and validation of new test equipment or methods.
* Documents lab methods and processes by writing, reviewing and editing lab procedures.
* Documents, communicates, and archive analytical results.
* Test quality control standards to ensure validity of sample results.
* Troubleshoot and perform minor maintenance on laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalency
4 years' experience performing either polymer testing or wet chemistry in a petrochemical manufacturing facility or related industrial experience.
12 completed credit hours of progressively more difficult college-level chemistry with associated laboratory coursework.
* Must be willing and able to work 12 hour rotating shifts and provide overtime coverage.
* Must be willing and able to work occasional plant call-outs.
* Understand computer use in the QC laboratories, including computer-controlled instrumentation and LIMS used in QC operations.
* Must be willing and able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
* Must be willing and able to work in environments that require frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
* Must be capable of climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, and working from elevated platforms
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston