LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.Basic Function
This position is responsible for the monitoring and operation of plant equipment used in the Equistar manufacturing refinery/petrochemical/chemical processes. The incumbent evaluates the unit's operating status and performs troubleshooting of processes and equipment in order to maximize unit reliability and quality production. The incumbent also monitors maintenance activities and performs minor maintenance. This position receives direction from a production supervisor and support from the process specialist, maintenance and technical personnel.Roles & Responsibilities
- Accountable for personal safety, the safety of co-workers and promoting a safe work environment; responsible for carrying out all work activities in compliance with federal and state environmental regulations.
- Promote an environment in which everyone is treated with respect.
- Perform duties in adherence with Equistar procedures, standards, and specifications.
- Learn and retain process knowledge of the unit and process changes to the unit to enable effective operation and detection of unusual process conditions; uses knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Provide accurate and timely communication to co-workers.
- Exhibit personal leadership in daily activities, task planning, incident investigations, and work performance as they relate to Equistar's key focus areas which include the following: safety, the environment, quality, reliability, and cost of operation.
- Take ownership of the unit to ensure production rates and right-first-time results are maximized and to ensure the unit is maintained in proper operating condition.
- Record data readings, utilize plant data/control systems, and observe process conditions on a continual basis to maintain good control of the unit.
- Responsible for placing systems in a safe condition for maintenance work, supporting maintenance activities and communicating status to the shift supervisor and co-workers.
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment and enter SAP work notifications on equipment in need of maintenance.
- Provide ideas, raise concerns, and works with other functions including plant management, engineering, and maintenance to improve individual and unit performance.
- Participate on committees dealing with investigations, policy and procedure development, and improving the work place environment.
- Participate in the training and skill development of other operations technicians.
- Engage in frequent developmental dialog with supervisor and others to continually enhance personal and group performance and development.
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalency. Preferred candidates will have an Associate's degree or higher.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident).
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Must be willing and able to work 12 hour rotating shifts and provide overtime coverage.
- Must be willing and able to work occasional plant call-outs.
- Must be willing to work with hazardous and/or flammable chemicals (with proper safety precautions, training, and equipment).
- Must be willing to work around and/or manually interact with heavy equipment.
- Must be willing and able to work outside, year round under various weather conditions.
- Must be willing and able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to work in environments that require frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Must be willing and able to work in tight or confined spaces.
- Must be willing and able to work at heights above 25 feet by climbing stairs and vertical ladders.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a diverse set of cross functional groups.
- Complete tasks wearing required personal protective equipment which may include fire protective clothing, goggles, face shields, gloves, steel toe boots, hearing protection, respirators, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Pass pre-employment testing including a physical, drug and alcohol screening, and background check.
Equistar Chemicals, LP does not accept or retain unsolicited resumes, or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth