The Service Desk Technician provides technical support and customer service to Lennar Associates to enhance productivity in the operation of IS computer technology. The responsibilities include call handling, issue identification, logging and tracking, resolution, and escalation, as appropriate, to IS technical areas. Additionally the role supports administration and support of the Company’s computer systems, printers, copiers, and related computer equipment.
The Service Desk Technician position tasks include end user support, license tracking, and installation of hardware and software solutions, performing upgrades and configuring software applications. The incumbent must possess basic networking understanding, knowledge of remote support programs, good analytical and troubleshooting skills. The position performs various Service Desk operational tasks during non-telephone time.
- Provide Service Desk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
- Perform issue handling, identification and resolution with all levels of Lennar customers.
- Ensure customers maintain productivity while experiencing customer service-oriented assistance.
- Serve as a single point of contact for communicating issues or requesting IS service.
- Serve as the customer’s advocate in ensuring that the proper IS department is notified and responds according to respective documents of understanding.
- Provide technical assistance and support to requests received through helpdesk related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk associates through the problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Maintain and clean computer equipment.
- Monitor and respond effectively to requests received through the IS helpdesk.
- Monitor Service Request tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software.
- Document internal procedures.
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Report issues to the System’s Group for escalation.
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Coach and develop less senior associates.
- Work schedule based on available shifts
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelors degree or IT certifications required
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Technician, IT Service Desk to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Technical Requirements:
- Demonstrate an understanding of technology / standards used in area of responsibility with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform complex requests (structured work assignments) to install or configure systems.
- Solve a range of straightforward problems; analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures; receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Recognize how changes may impact the business and other functions within IT; understands how change management is achieved in their assigned area.
- Recognize when and to whom issues should be escalated within assigned area.
- Begin to demonstrate an understanding of IT strategies and their relationship to their assigned area.
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Maintain effective working relationships, supporting company leadership and team.
- Ability to embrace change.
- Influence trust in others and works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Sensitive and responsive to internal and external needs; maintains a positive attitude, willing to seek solutions.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Maintain a supportive and collaborative team work environment.
- Understand the company's philosophy on diversity in the workplace.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the
position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.