About the Company: Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a clinical services and information technology company using evidence-based medicine to develop and deploy medical policies and protocols in the high-volume, dynamic and complex diagnostic lab environment. The company manages the appropriate use of thousands of existing lab tests and researches new tests to determine efficacy and impact on patient care. Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability. Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies. Since its launch 15 years ago, FP has raised approximately $10 billion and invested in more than 150 companies. Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. You'll enjoy seeing the results of your work as we rapidly implement our plan. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve. For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at http://www.avalonhcs.com. About the Technology Support Admin Position: The Technology Support Admin (TSA) (Tier 1 or 2) will be a member of the IT Support Team and will provide active call and systems monitoring and technical support for key Avalon applications and processes, during non-standard business hours. The TSA will work closely with all levels of IT, Security, and the Business. This position is customer facing and will provide technical support for both internal and external customers who use Avalon's IT and Security Systems. Candidate must also be self-motivated and independently autonomous to provide support during off hours. TSA should be proficient in communication, both written and verbal and be experienced with application helpdesk support processes. The TSA will monitor systems, recognize processing issues when they occur, and follow established processes for resolution or escalation when needed. Support Admins will help develop and deliver training to users. The candidate must be able to work collaboratively within Avalon IT to ensure processes are running efficiently as expected. This position is based in Tampa, Florida, and is not a remote role. This is a full-time, W-2 position. At this time, we can consider only local candidates authorized to work in the US. No sponsorship is available. No recruiter calls, please.
Technology Support Admin - Responsibilities:
- Technology Support Admin (TSA): Develops and Maintains Enterprise Application Expertise as assigned by Tier 3 Admin and IT leadership. Manages applications daily to ensures the availably, security, and performance of Enterprise Applications as assigned such as: Avalon Core Systems, Office365, Exchange, SharePoint, ShareFile, Jira ServiceDesk, Splunk, and Communications apps. Tasks include provisioning, operating, supporting, maintaining, and conducting training or research to ensure continual availability and smooth operations.
- TSA will maintain all applications in accordance with Avalon policies and procedures.
- TSA Security: Maintain knowledge of application changes, vulnerabilities, and patches and how they impact users or systems; Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible risks or intrusions; assist in investigating incidents and or intrusions if detected or as assigned.
- TSA Operations and Support: Perform daily applications monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all applications assigned, review application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups; create, change, and delete user accounts per approved request; provide Tier I and II level application support per request from various constituencies, investigate, troubleshoot, and escalate issues. Conduct user training as required.
- ASA Maintenance: Support and monitor upgrades on a regular basis, participate in testing post maintenance.
- Administer software settings and configuration as required as assigned.
- Work across teams balancing competing objectives to accomplish goals and requirements.
- Learn Avalon IT Systems design, function, and use to an effective level to manage the 24x7x365 technical support of these systems.
- Assist in maturing or building both a Support Knowledgebase for internal staff use and Training Materials to share with end users
- Maintain, track, and report to management on monthly basis Service Level Agreements (SLA's) for both internal and external customers as required by contract, management, and/or quality improvement processes.
- Ensure ALL issues, incidents, metrics are capture in the Technical Support Ticketing system and provide a monthly report on support metrics and key support issues.
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Technology Support Admin - Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of MS Windows operating systems required.
- Must be able to pass a technical interview for basic Windows skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels
- Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Minimum of 12 months professional experience as a technical support technician
- High school diploma or GED
- Any IT or Technical Certifications a strong plus
Technology Support Admin - Preferred Qualifications/Skills
- Education or Equivalent Experience: Bachelors (4-year) degree is preferred but not required.
- Will consider relevant work experience in lieu of education
- Will consider IT and Security Certifications in lieu of work experience
- Required Proficiency in Windows and MS Office environment. Linux admin skills a strong plus.
- Required: Must have an ability to work at home, such as a quiet workspace and reliable internet access.
- Preferred Experience managing MS Active Directory; Office365; and Exchange
- Preferred Experience: 1-3 years general IT support experience.
- Preferred PowerShell Scripting: basic skills
- Preferred Diverse Technical Skills across multiple subject areas
- Soft Skills in communications and dealing with users is required.
- Strong communications and people skills
- Able to work primary shift between 2pm-12am EST (training hours until proficient to support normal shift will be between 8am-7pm at corporate office in Tampa)
- Able to work flexible hours to support staffing gaps in 24x7x365 Support Desk
- Experience Developing and Reporting SLA's metrics
- Experience working with a ticketing system such Jira Service Desk
- Experience training staff and users
- Working knowledge of Healthcare's HIPAA Administrative Simplification policies and procedures for Privacy and Security
Technology Support Admin - Work Environment
- Work is conducted in an office environment or at home.
- Much of the employee's work time will be sitting at a desk using a computer and other office equipment, including frequent use of the telephone and web meetings for communication.
- The person in this position must be organized and be able to work in an environment in which change occurs frequently and important decisions must be reached and implemented based on limited information, and in which one must address multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Required: Flexible work hours will vary; some night and weekend work are required for maintenance weekends and IT support. Very limited travel is required.
- Be able to provide 24 x 7 on-call support, as scheduled or as required to support system SLAs.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.