EASi has been a leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market for more than 35 years, with particular expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded systems and manufacturing engineering. With 2,400 dedicated employees across the U.S. and India, EASi offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices and consumer/ Industrial products.
The position will support the IT Telecommunications Network Engineering group. The group assists in the planning, design, project management, construction, installation, operation, and maintenance of telecommunication equipment, networks, facilities and systems, which includes CAT 5e, fiber optics, point-to-point microwave, land mobile radio, point-to-multipoint systems, as well as commercial wireless technologies supporting the power grid.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading large and complex projects.
- Perform the planning, design, Installation, configuration, update, troubleshooting, and performance analysis of intermediate and enterprise telecommunication networks and systems.
- Responsible for configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points (WAPs), gateways and other networking equipment and technology.
- Prepare detailed project plans, cost estimates, schedules, specifications, and contract documents for telecom construction or maintenance projects.
- Manage and implement all phases of new telecom network upgrade, renovation, or construction projects from pre-design to completion.
- Manages multiple projects including coordination of internal/external resources and work activities, communications, maintaining project schedules, supervising, quality standards, cost management as well as successfully managing any implementation issues or changes.
- Reviews and evaluates bids to ensure that proposed construction or equipment meets requirements of the specifications and contract documents.
- Thorough knowledge of networks, equipment selection and procurement methods associated with the update, design and construction of telecommunication equipment and facilities.
- Ensure all work activities are performed in accordance with policies, practices, procedures, standards, and rules of the company in compliance with regulations and procedures required by external agencies.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in systems architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Perform all engineering and design activities with minimum direction.
- Lead, facilitate, and coordinate work activities of others within the work group, team, department, or those external to complete projects.
- Provide training and guidance to lower level employees.
- Identify and initiate corrective action when project objectives are not being met.
- Interpret codes and regulations and develop standards for projects.
- Promote professionalism and standards.
- Participate in development of plans by establishing goals, objectives, and requirements.
- Work under supervision of Senior and Principle Engineers.
- Position requires up to 10% travel for site visits.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, engineering technology, computer science, or telecommunications.
- 10+ years of experience in Telecommunication, Network Engineering, or IT Infrastructure.
- Professional experience related to the design, installation, and maintenance of local and wide area networks. Related work experience as a Network Engineer or Administrator in a LAN or WAN environment.
- Master's Degree in engineering, engineering technology, computer science, or telecommunications will count toward years of experience.
Requisite Abilities and Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge for configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points (WAPs), gateways and other networking equipment and technology.
- High level of initiative, effort and commitment toward completing assignments accurately and efficiently with attention to detail.
- Advanced computer literacy, knowledge, and skills.
- Advanced knowledge of standards, codes, and regulations relevant to area of assignment.
- Advanced understanding of pertinent equipment, material, systems, and business processes.
- Stay abreast of new products, developments, technologies, procedures, and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with others in a team environment as well as independently
- Demonstrated willingness and capabilities to assume leadership roles
- Must be able to pass a background check, pre-employment drug test and motor vehicle driving history check.
- Must have a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services.
Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.