Solutions Point is recruiting for a Telecom Program Manager candidate for our good client in Kanas City. MUST BE ABLE TO RELOCATE TO KANSAS CITY OR TOPEKA KS for the job. The work will be remote until client decides to have employees back in the office sometime later this year. This is a 1 year contract initially but our client always has the right to offer full time employment with them as well. This will be a W2 hourly position. Hourly rate will be 65hr to 75hr.
Must relocate or be local to Kansas City or Topeka area. Client is still following remote work at this time, but return to work anticipating before the end of 2021 but would be a phased or hybrid approach. Position could require some same day travel to client locations. Mileage would be reimbursed.
This position executes program management processes and methodologies for the IT division, ensuring that project deliverables are completed on time, within budget, adhere to IT standards, and meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Manage program scope, budget and release schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value.
• Leads large project teams, promoting and supporting teamwork, in the implementation efforts for IT projects, ensuring that they are accurate, secure, and efficient.
• Manages the contractual commitments, scopes of work, budgets, and timelines of multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ensure that the Program has high visibility and understanding of the critical data for the release – dependencies, issues and risks, continuous improvement plans, release metrics, etc. and communicates appropriately.
• Directs and monitors work on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review, and escalating functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately. Facilitates issue resolution.
• Tracks key project milestones, adjusting project plans and/or resources as indicated.
• Communicates program status to stakeholders on a regular basis.
• Creates program management documentation (project scope, project plans/schedules, project logs, status reports, issues management, etc.).
• Ensures that program implementation (designs, development, testing plans, change orders, etc.) is documented.
Mandatory Education and Experience Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field and 5 years managing programs/projects.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
• Working knowledge of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
• Working knowledge of standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to business functions/units.
• Working knowledge of technology applications used in business functions/units.
• Understands and considers the complexity and inter-relatedness of business functions and company technology applications.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
• Leads large program/project teams effectively, promoting and supporting teamwork.
• Takes the initiative to search for and identify alternative and/or innovative solutions to both business and technical problems.
• Uses planning skills to manage and complete large, complex projects.
• Quickly adapts to the demands inherent in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including giving formal presentations to different audiences.
• Establishes and maintains effective consulting relationships. • Exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
• Make formal/informal presentations and provide brief, easy to understand recommendations to non-technical staff.
• Technical background and strong understanding of backbone infrastructure components including microwave, MPLS, DWDM, PLTE and fiber.
o Professional level familiarity with equipment, methodology, processes and terminology specific to the wireless industry. This includes but is not limited to FCC requirements, spectrum requirements; licensed microwave and fiber backhaul; LTE (4G, 5G); site acquisition requirements; tower site build requirements, deployment (installation, testing, optimization, on-air dependencies), and vendor SOWs/deliverables; and network and RF Engineering SOWs/deliverables.
o Professional level understanding of equipment, methodology, processes and terminology specific to fiber networks including easement and Right of Way requirements; building permit/zoning requirements; fiber vendor SOWs and deliverables (installation, testing, optimization); and fiber network electronics including DWDM. Experience with Utility Industry fiber networks is preferred including transmission/distribution OPGW and ADSS builds.
o Professional level understanding of equipment, methodology, processes and terminology related to the deployment and function of MPLS networks. Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required:
$65.00 - $75.00 /Hour
IT & Technical