Solutions Point is recruiting for two Telecom Project Manager positions for our good client in Kanas City. At a minimum One Position needs experience with PLTE and one needs fiber, DWDM, and MPLS experience. MUST BE ABLE TO RELOCATE TO KANSAS CITY. The work will be remote until client decides to have employees back in the office sometime later this year. This is a 1 year contract initially but our client always has the right to offer full time employment with them as well. This will be a W2 hourly position. Hourly rate will be 55hr to 60hr.
Must relocate or live in Kansas City or Topeka area.
Some same day travel may be required to other client Locations. Mileage would be reimbursed.
This position executes project management processes and methodologies for the IT division, ensuring that project deliverables are completed on time, within budget, adhere to IT standards, and meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Leads project teams in the implementation efforts for projects/programs lead by the PMO team, ensuring that they are accurate, secure and efficient.
• Tracks key project milestones, adjusting project plans and/or resources as indicated.
• Communicates project status to stakeholders on a regular basis.
• Creates project management documentation (project scope, project plans/schedules, project logs, status reports, issues management, etc).
• Ensures that project implementation (designs, development, testing plans, change orders, etc.) is documented following the Evergy PMO methodology.
• Directs and monitors work on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review, and escalating functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately. Facilitates issue resolution.
• Manages the contractual commitments, scopes of work, budgets, and time lines of multiple projects simultaneously.
• Working knowledge of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
• Working knowledge of standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to business functions/units.
• Working knowledge of technology applications used in business functions/units.
• Understands and considers the complexity and inter-relatedness of business functions and company technology applications.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
• Leads large project teams effectively, promoting and supporting team work.
• Takes the initiative to search for and identify alternative and/or innovative solutions to both business and technical problems.
• Uses planning skills to manage and complete large, complex projects.
• Quickly adapts to the demands inherent in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including giving formal presentations to different audiences.
• Establishes and maintains effective consulting relationships.
• Exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
Technical background and strong understanding of backbone infrastructure components including microwave, MPLS, DWDM, PLTE and fiber.
o Professional level familiarity with equipment, methodology, processes and terminology specific to the wireless industry. This includes but is not limited to FCC requirements, spectrum requirements; licensed microwave and fiber backhaul; LTE (4G, 5G); site acquisition requirements; tower site build requirements, deployment (installation, testing, optimization, on-air dependencies), and vendor SOWs/deliverables; and network and RF Engineering SOWs/deliverables.
o Professional level understanding of equipment, methodology, processes and terminology specific to fiber networks including easement and Right of Way requirements; building permit/zoning requirements; fiber vendor SOWs and deliverables (installation, testing, optimization); and fiber network electronics including DWDM. Experience with Utility Industry fiber networks is preferred including transmission/distribution OPGW and ADSS builds. Need to have experience working with Union techs.
$55.00 - $60.00 /Hour
IT & Technical