Job Title: Telecom QA Engineer
Location: Reston Virginia/DC Area/NJ/Dallas area
Duration: 12+ Months
Telecom QA Engineer.
MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):
- At least 3 Years of Wireless industry testing experience and 4+ years of experience in a test / quality assurance organization.
- Excellent understanding of the 4G and 5G wireless call flows
- Strong project management skills to execute on roadmap.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative resolution of differences with a 'win-win' approach.
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to drive innovation and technology adoption across organizations.
- Ability to adapt daily to changing technical and business environments.
- Detail orientation, learning, listening, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Device/Core testing at a protocol call and data flow messaging level
- Master's degree in EE/CE/CS.
- Experience in developing software and / or deploying enterprise applications.
- Experience in software testing with advanced techniques like risk-based testing, exploratory testing, ATDD, security, and continuous testing in the Dev Ops model.
- Familiarity with formal test design techniques like equivalence partitioning, decision tables, state transitions, boundary value analysis, cause-effect analysis, etc.
- Experience with Robot-Framework or equivalent technologies like Cucumber, Specflow, etc.
- Experience with UI automation of front-end web components like Mocha, Jest, Protractor, Selenium, Sikuli, Coded UI, Ranorex etc.
- Experience with automation using web-apis.
- Experience with EPC Core and/or RAN based tools for diagnosing call flows - packet capture and analysis tools like IrisView, Wireshark, traffic generators like Ixia, Landslide etc.
- Familiarity with 5GNR, LTE, IMS, VoIP, PON, TCP / IP.
- Familiarity with Linux, Programming / Scripting languages (Python, Java, Perl, C#, C++).
- Familiarity with software development tools - IDEs, Source code management, CI/CD tools like Jenkins, ALM tools like Jira.
- Familiarity with cloud computing, multi-threading and efficient server loading for complex applications.
- Familiarity with testing applications using distributed systems based on microservice constructs, document databases, ML/AI algorithms.
- An understanding of the software development process and maintenance best practices including the Agile Methodology.
This section would describe the 'perfect candidate'. These skills are not required to perform the role but would be helpful and in some cases could supersede a missing 'must-have' skill. JOB DUTIES:
Candidate will be responsible for full stack testing of a world class web-based solution, that simulates end-to-end network functions and perform call flow analysis for RAN, EPC, IMS and other 4G/5G emerging technologies.
- Develop QA processes to support the System Engineering team.
- Develop complex test procedures to validate models, framework, and scripts.
- Lead the execution of validation tests for framework, model and script and document results.
- Debug test failures, inconsistencies, and anomalies through troubleshooting and analysis.
- Work with scripting team to automate QA tests.
- Execute simulation trial test plans and document results
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Bachelor's degree in EE/CS.