TEKsystems is seeking a Desktop Support Technician/Communications Technician to join our team in support of the U.S. Air Force North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Cheyenne Mountain Complex Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (NCMC-ITW/AA) and Space Support Contract (NISSC).
NISSC will provide accurate, timely, and unambiguous warning and attack assessment of Air, Missile, and Space threats with daily visibility of National Command Authority leaders including the President of the United States.
NCMC-ITW/AA is composed of Air, Missile, and Space Warning Missions located at Cheyenne Mountain AFS (CMAFS), Peterson AFB, Offutt AFB, Vandenberg AFB, and forward user and sensor sites worldwide.
TEKsystems is seeking a Communications Technician (Comm Tech) to support the NISSC Contract. As a Comm Tech, your duties include, but are not limited to: support annual exercises, planned monthly relocations, and unplanned real-world events; perform monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual systems checks and generate associated metrics and reports; resolve general classified and unclassified network problems, user application questions and problems, and user network resource questions and problems; evaluate troubleshooting actions and results of NCC or other technical support organizations and augment for further resolution; initiate a response, track, update, review, and conclude actions in Remedy; assign maintenance actions to other 721st CS work centers when appropriate; coordinate and participate in installation and renovation projects; and perform other duties as required to support the NORAD-NORTHCOM mission and be willing to work flexible shifts and days as required.
Other tasks and responsibilities may include: perform hardware and software technical refresh efforts; update system checklists, operational checklists, and related documentation; serve as a coordination point between the 721st CS NCC, the Cheyenne Mountain Operations Branch, and the Comm Tech team on assigned actions and projects; and serve as the 721st CS Subject Matter Expert and advisor on matters related to NORAD-NORTHCOM Command Center requirements at CMAFS.
This position is considered Mission Essential. You must be prepared for and be able to report to work and remain on site for extended periods of time during emergencies and drills. During such periods, you may be unable to maintain contact with anyone outside the site, including family and friends. You must sign a letter of commitment acknowledging and agreeing to this requirement.
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve network and client issues in a Microsoft Windows Operating System environment
* Ability to troubleshoot client peripherals including KVMs, card readers, monitors, and blades
* Ability to troubleshoot, repair, and rejoin networked peripherals and specifically printers
* Must have the flexibility to work different shifts (days, nights, and weekends) as needed
* Must meet DoD 8570 certification eligibility requirements (e.g., Security+ CE)
* Must have a TS/SCI clearance and be able to retain it.
* Remedy trouble ticket experience and skills
* Ability to prepare, objectively review, and deliver technical presentations
* Experience with NORAD-NORTHCOM command and control applications and hardware
* Demonstrated experience and capability interfacing with the Air Force Customer at very high levels as well as multiple DoD Agencies
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.