Title: Test Engineer (Python)
Client Location: 100% Remote- Must sit in the US
Duration: 6+ Month Contract
The Ascent Services Group is seeking a Test Engineer to join one of our clients with close to 100 years creating software and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks for mobile phones, internet service providers, large businesses and data centers. This position will be remote but travel to Wichita, KS is expected too.
This position is only available to candidates who do not require present or future visa sponsorship/ C2C opportunities.
Team: TPS Test program sets, ATEs automated group.
What They Do: They work on automated programming and design. This person will be working on an Army contract and trying to win the business.
Team Size: 6 people
- Develops automated tests for radios using Python in an existing Autotest environment.
- Implement automated tests based on test specifications or test requirements documents from the radio OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer).
- Interface with design engineers during the integration of automated scripts.
- Oversee and/or perform formal design verification test prior to product introduction to manufacturing.
- This role is more of an individual contributor to begin with, as the team heads towards the end of design they may be pulled into more meetings.
- 1+ years of experience working with RF systems(Radio Frequency)
- 2+ years of test engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience of programming in Python language
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Electronic Engineering. This is not required; experience is more important.
- 1+ years of experience working with test equipment associated with communications and avionics test
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident.
- Experience testing avionics
- Experience with USB, GPIB, Ethernet, Serial, PXI and PCIe
- Automated test scripting development
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!