**SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER--NORTH READING, MA**
Our client within the Consumer Electronics industry is seeking a Software Test Engineer to support an exciting project--their home security system device.
This division was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaign ever and is now part of the consumer electronics division of a multinational technology company that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. This division builds the completely wireless, battery operated home security cameras that send motion-activated alerts and HD video to your smartphone for an amazingly affordable price. Their vertically integrated engineering team works on algorithms, ASICs, hardware, firmware, cloud software and mobile applications to deliver products that customers love. As a Software Test Engineer, this candidate will be testing every aspect of the product from the Hardware, Firmware, Software, App, to the Cloud.
They are seeking an SDET who will work collaboratively with hardware and firmware engineers to develop effective and efficient manufacturing test systems that ensure our customers get products that meet their quality standards. If you enjoy understanding all the inner workings of a hardware product so you can anticipate what can go wrong with it and create innovative ways to test it, this is the position for you. This engineer will be writing embedded code to test and debug this client's home security camera.
Top 3 Skills:
1) C++ (New Code) and Python (Legacy Code)
2) Experience with a Linux Operating System
3) Embedded Software Debug experience
* Develop and implement tests for the manufacture, programming, burn-in, and acceptance testing for camera systems
o Should be able to design/develop test from a schematic and/or board
* Design respective test fixture concepts and then manage their design through internal and external resources
* Document test procedures, test specifications, and acceptance criteria for new and existing products
* Use strong understanding of networking (Wireless Devices/Wifi architecture/DHCP/IP Addresses/Network Status Checks/Etc)
* Drive root cause and technical corrective actions with contract manufacturers and component suppliers.
* Support the Operations team by resolving complex manufacturing problems Propose design changes that will enhance product manufacturability and testability
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.