- Manager would like a highly technical mechanical engineer with 2-5 years' experience in vehicle development or test and evaluation.
- He knows the market is tough so would also consider a recent graduate who is motivated and mechanically inclined individual with hands on experience related to the auto industry.
- Position may require travel up to 50%. CDL not required, but would be a bonus.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance
- Under the guidance and supervision from the senior engineering staff, plan, coordinate and work with technicians to accomplish projects involving heavy-duty vehicles test and/or development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with establishing of requirements for testing of heavy-duty vehicles and associated equipment according to the needs of the project.
- Recommend what equipment resources are necessary to accomplish the test.
- Assist in formulating project estimates.
- Assist in creating test plans and implementing them via communication to subordinate engineers and technicians.
- Create plans for fixtures and test apparatuses and supervise their construction and development.
- Coordinate, supervise and monitor progress of testing.
- Recommend corrective actions needed to maintain schedule and cost targets.
- Communicate the status and results of tests as needed.
- Bachelor`s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Internship experience or 6-plus months related work experience
- Ability to attain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Experience in automotive or heavy-vehicle equipment