- Ensuring system thermal performance objectives are met through definition of both active and passive thermal control system architectures
- Conduct varying levels of thermal analysis to support system design activities
- Oversee hardware thermal test planning and execution
- Interact with multiple engineering disciplines, program functions, and customer representatives
- Document and present thermal results, conclusions, and recommendations
- Establish best practices and guidelines for analysis techniques and hardware solutions
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or related field required with a MS preferred
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a thermal analyst on space and/or airborne programs
- Proficiency with finite element software tools (Thermal Desktop/SINDA, FEMAP/TMG)
- Knowledge of launch, on-orbit, and airborne thermal environments
- Experience with thermal testing and model correlation
- Capable of working autonomously with a minimum amount of supervision
- Aptitude to be a lead thermal analyst capable of defining tasks and maintaining schedule
- Familiarity with circuit card assembly thermal analysis
- Experience with optical system (mirrors, windows, lenses) thermal distortion analysis highly desirable
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.