View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Tier I Help Desk Technician
Security Clearance required: Must hold or recently have held a Public Trust, Secret or Higher Security Clearance
US Citizenship Required
Compensation:$18.11/hr + Benefits
Shifts: Multiple shifts available as this is 24x7x365 environment.
Location: Asheville Area 100% Work from home
Position Summary: Epsilon is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our rapidly growing team of technical help desk professionals. Employees in this role will manage inbound calls in a fast paced, high energy environment to support a large federal government contract and will be assisting customers by researching technical issues, exploring answers, and providing information and alternative solutions. If you enjoy computer science and are motivated to help others, you will find this role to be both challenging and rewarding.
Highly qualified candidates will have the ability to provide 'world class ' customer service along with accurate and appropriate information to every caller. Must have excellent attendance record, an ability to thrive in a highly structured environment, and be able to efficiently perform root cause analysis to resolve customer issues.
- Respond to incoming service calls and/or to self-service ticketing queues on behalf of our client to provide accurate and appropriate information
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize end-user issues to ensure that inquiries are successfully resolved
- Utilize troubleshooting techniques to resolve hardware, software, and network issues
- Document incident status and solutions in incident database tools
- Diagnose, identify, isolate, and analyze problems utilizing historical database records
- Adhere to established levels of service
- Adhere to established customer service and documentation standards within required time frames
- Adhere to contact center scheduling during hours of operation (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- Perform clerical and/or administrative duties as assigned
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Must currently hold or recently have held a Public Trust, Secret or Higher Security Clearance
- Must have EXCELLENT customer service skills
- Must have flexibility with shift work
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required
- One or more years of related technical support experience required
- AA/AS or equivalent in a related field of study preferred
- Previous experience troubleshooting software and hardware issues (Windows and MAC O/S, internet systems, and networking) preferred
- Previous experience working with a contact center management database preferred
- Previous experience working with a ticketing system preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please clickhereto review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by firstname.lastname@example.org.