Analysts is seeking qualified candidates for a Tier1 IT Helpdesk role with a major client of ours in Mulberry, FL. Initially a 6 month contract, there is excellent potential for long term extension.
This role will be ONSITE in Mulberry, FL. Rotating shifts - so candidates must be open to working all shifts as required. May need to work one weekend day as well.
This is a small Helpdesk environment - supporting stores, HQ, and manufacturing facilities with technical issues. Qualified candidates need to know basic Windows, and IT basics. Client will teach this person how to troubleshoot their POS system.
The Tier1 IT Helpdesk role is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving Tier1 issues for all phases of the Corporation's computer operations. This individual will escalate Tier2 and Tier3 issues to the appropriate teams via the work order ticketing software.
- Responds to requests from client stores and corporate users to assist them with questions or problems from desktops, point-of-sale and distribution center systems. Initiates and/or maintains a data base of incident reports; tracks open work order activity and provides reports to specific work units on open items.
- Performs support to resolve problems with printers, store LTSP servers, routers, switches, modems, thin clients, signature capture devices, kiosks and data communication paths.
- Performs support to resolve issues with the point-of-sale, Accounts Receivable Management System, portal communication, and Linux terminal server applications.
- Troubleshoots and documents issues thoroughly in the work order system.
- Routes and escalates work orders when necessary, to the appropriate teams for resolution.
- Performs quality control tests of the point-of-sale application, system updates, and problem resolutions.
- Participates in new training and contributes to system and support documentation for the point-of-sale application and associated hardware.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS and other REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs, sit, stand, bend, stoop, twist, and reach with hands and arms, hear and speak clearly.
- CompTia A+, Net+, Linux+ desired.
- Verified course work in computer hardware, networking or operating systems from a community college, vocational or military school. (Accepted on a case by case basis.)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Associate Degree desired.
- One to three years applicable experience in a Help Desk or Customer Service environment; PC hardware installation and repair; PC application software install and configuration; basic networking interfaces and phone support; Microsoft Office application, Linux based Open Office applications; command line experience with Unix or Linux operating systems; providing support to end-users across a variety of systems on a diverse selection of equipment (PCs, laser printers, dot matrix printers, thermal receipt printers, signature capture devices, thin clients, etc.); PC hardware skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with dealers, managers, customers, management and personnel by telephone, or through written communication; assimilate information and make decisions; work under pressure in a detailed, organized manner.
- Effective time management skills, the ability to multi-task and the ability to exercise independent judgment and decision-making skills.