We have a client that is Detroit, Michigan-based utility incorporated in 1995 involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. They are looking for a Transport Engineer
Transport Engineer Responsibilities
- Experience with RF, Microwave, Radio Towers sites
- Intermediate professional level ITS Network Engineering position.
- This position works as a team member to provide Level 2/3 support, makes recommendations, supports projects, and participates in the development and/or research of advanced technologies.
- The Transport Engineer provides ongoing infrastructure support, analyzing network use/design and participates in future planning of infrastructure.
- Works independently with limited supervision.
- Provides Design, Deployment and level 3 engineering support for technologies which may include OSP, microwave, WiMAX, structured cabling, satellite, mesh technologies, radio.
- The Transport Engineer provides problem definition and resolution using existing procedures and may develop and enhance Engineering procedures.
- The Transport Engineer provides configurations for telecommunications infrastructure and provides installation assistance for new applications and business projects to ensure integration into the existing infrastructure; consults with application teams on proper design and use of technologies and tools; provides input on configurations for telecommunications infrastructure support.
- Provides planning and time estimates for own assignments.
- Bachelor degree in an applicable information technology discipline.
- Must possess strong communication skills both written and verbal.